The new "very different" Elektron wild speculation thread

20221007_220836

More dramatic promo shot

15 Likes

Need visual glitches and more of a 90s feel.

3 Likes

Maybe it will be called the Hectortrack ?

Edit:

Just to prove

that there’s no new ideas under the sun:

Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII - #222 by mattleaf

What, did we just give up on this thread!?

2 Likes

Not anymore!

2 Likes

There’s doubtless some speculation, wild as it may be, as to why.

3 Likes

It’s a new day my friends. Let the speculation continue.

Elektron Vocoder
Elektron Tape Machine
Elektron Modular Interface
Elektron DAW
Elektron thing you attach to your luggage and you can see its location on your phone

2 Likes

Yup boring thread

1 Like

Mute it then? :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Synthplex ( a trade show located near Los Angeles ) is starting in a few days. Elektron is exhibiting there.

We either need to send our top agent @resonant_space, or we need to train a new person in the skills to covertly interrogate the Elektron reps, and find out what this “very different” thing really is.

If you stop by the Elektron booth ask them what the “very different” thing is.

Or maybe it’s time and they’re just going to tell us !

6 Likes

Ricky Tinez looks like he would crack under questioning. He’s just too nice a guy.

16 Likes

It’s a safe assumption, everyone in their booth knows — and they all have a vulnerability. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

He always ends his videos with a little “Share the knowledge, knowledge is power” signoff — well, Ricky? Are you ready to share the knowledge??

12 Likes

Exactly! Practise what you preach! :wink:

2 Likes

it’s probably gonna be a usb fan to cool down the heat of the analog boxes

3 Likes

After “new sounds from a new place,” I’m taking “very different” with a massive grain of salt…wouldnt be surprised if they broke out octatrack like features into a dedicated fx box/sequencer. Whatever it is, I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough.

1 Like

2-osc duophonic analog monosynth in a Models format would be interesting.

i absolutely adore my OT but i’d still love a Mk3 that brings a few bits up to date (FX, audio/MIDI over USB especially). sweeten it with some more inputs/outputs and i could see people paying quite a premium over current Mk2 prices.

2 Likes

A wind instrument of some kind
Maybe a guitar efx box or electric violin for modern ELO lovers

1 Like

Great idea !

A wind instrument, with built in electronics.

I don’t mean an electronic wind instrument, but instead a real wind instrument with electronics. You can do it yourself, but there are very few instruments that are ready made of this sort.