The new "very different" Elektron wild speculation thread

Note: “Boxes”

The red cable goes from one to the next?

7 Likes

A washing machine.

2 Likes

They had the Analog Drive pedal. Another venture into pedals ?? I don’t think Cuckoo has Elektron devices here.

Maybe ??

I’ve been thinking that the octatrack blitz might be suggesting that instead of sampling for the syntakt, or a new “digitakt mk2”, Elektron are telling us the Octatrack is the Digitakt 2 and it’s the perfect pairing with Syntakt. They haven’t really shown them together much though so i’m not sure. Maybe they are adding sampling to Syntakt and improving the Rytm sampler, and have to really push the Octatrack to make sure ST and Rytm don’t eat into OT sales too much.

Based on the Cuckoo post it is possible Elektron are releasing separate FX boxes (pedals but not?) in a new form factor. I wonder if those will be “plug out” Overbridge enabled fx

1 Like

there are probably 4 power plugs, which look exactly like the digitone. all are in the middle. then the reference to effects.

That would be cool if the individual effect boxes were overbridged, so they would stand out from all the stompboxes.

2 Likes

Analysis complete.

I don’t think that these are Elektron boxes.

• There are 4 of them.
  • They are mono.
  • They have a different power supply to other Elektron devices.
  • Probably no midi or expression/CV input (no space)
  • They are small and have the form factor of a pedal.

13 Likes

Speaking of Synthplex––I live in LA but I’ve never attended. Has anyone here gone before, and is it worth $100? They don’t go into much detail about their workshops and I don’t want to pay an entrance fee just to walk an exhibition hall.

I dunno, those power connections look very similar to the digitone one :face_with_monocle:

Edit: but not exact! Good analysis @natehorn

2 Likes

Elektron nano boxes with touchscreens – everyone’s worst nightmare

7 Likes

Nano but with full size jacks :ok_hand:

It’s possible that they’d use a different adapter - but the mono thing would be strange for Elektron - it’s what makes me think these are just stinky old guitar pedals.

5 Likes

Yeah, mono effects units would be a very odd choice considering what they’ve tried earlier with the Heat and Drive, but 4 of them simultaneously would be even odder.

If you want to talk “very different”, going in a Kemper Amps direction would certainly be that! But I don’t see them stamping their name on cheaper guitar stompboxes either considering the general Elektron ecosystem.

I could see them branching out into larger markets like guitars, but I think they’d go “very different” in a tangent that makes more sense to their core aesthetic.

1 Like

6 Likes

What if they were something like, overbridge enabled boxes/interfaces for external synths?
hook up your synth, plug in your midi/usb cable to the synth to the box, upload a instrument definition/ pipe through some effects, etc.

(Probably absolutely nothing to do with Elektron though.)

I’ve reached the conclusion that the octatrack mkIII is extremely powerful and requires four power supplies :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Plot twist: They’re 1/8" MIDI adapters

5 Likes

Model:Seq

It would be cool if Elektron made a sort of controller for the current devices. Something that would expand and allow for more of the controls to be available at one time, making them more playable.

6 Likes

Analog Blow or Blowtakt also work well :smiley:

2 Likes

id buy this in an instant for anything at or under $2k. I own Digitone keys and analog rytm. hate there is no master filter on the rytm and hate how inputs aren’t affected by the distortion. I get a drum groove going and then decide to incorporate the Digitone, and the levels are so F’d if you have the distortion in use because the external ins don’t route through the distortion.

Ive been searching all over – analog heat combined with a mixer, assortment of guitar pedals, old tape recorders. I just want Elektron workflow in a flexible mixer/multi effects box. I don’t want all the sampling options of the octatrack. just let me route audio in weird ways and parameter lock those weird modulations and sends.

and anything like the model 1 filters and EQs would be amazing to have in an electron mixer. I’ve been eyeing those for years but the price is just stupid for someone who doesn’t actually use it live, to make money.

3 Likes