The new "very different" Elektron wild speculation thread

I would love to see something like Reaktor “the Finger” in a device like the Digitone Keys.
Polyphonic Effects (series determined by order of keys pressed) with all the latest bells and whistles of effects.
Maybe analog filters, and a bunch of cool digital effects, plus a vocoder.
Filter, Comb Filters, EQ, Delays, Reverbs, Chorus, Flange, Bit Crushing, Vocoding, Spatializer, Distortion, Ring Mod, etc.

3 Likes

I just did an I Ching divination and this is what it will be: a 24 track analog/digital mixer with insert effects. Three usb ports will allow the DT, DN and ST to be plugged in and all 24 audio tracks will have their own faders and you will be able to sequence the effects.

5 Likes

Elektron buys the codes and rights from Access and creates the Analog Virus 8.

3 Likes

lol read the reply earlier and its deleted now. id love to be wrong but from memory I’m pretty sure the manual says inputs only go through the compressor.

I think the killer feature of this box would be an Overbridge host. If I could split tracks out of the digi boxes via USB without needing to bounce through a DAW I’d be in heaven.

2 Likes

Has anyone looked at the latest name reservations on the patent listing thing? How do you find that? How accurate were those in the past when speculating what was coming?

Has elektron hired anyone the last year or so on their development team that could have any previous releases elsewhere that could lead to hints?

Elektron has yet to give us any MK3’s in the past, many of us would love an mk3 of MD and MNM (a reissue with modernized tech would be perfect) along with OT. They seem to stop at mk2 and kill it.

What is really missing in their line up? Analog keys is long discontinued, seems like digitone keys may be as well now with being out of stock everywhere lately. Lots of content providers pushing OT lately. Price reductions on digi’s and heat. What does it all mean?

Any sign of Hector?

A mixer of some kind, something to bring all of the electron boxes together, a central hub for them all, like that roland MX1 but better (someone else suggested the same). But we have Overbridge, maybe a full daw is next.

Are they thinning out their lineup perhaps, in preparation for something “very different” that could mean going a different direction like modular or like access to amplifiers?

So many unanswered questions!:rofl:

2 Likes

I can’t wait for the release of the Elektron Padlok, which I think they hinted at being sort of a physical take on parameter locks for gates, chests, and such. Unfortunately Elektron removed the video from DailyMotion so I can’t re-share, but from what I remember from the video, it will come out sometime during World Cup.

1 Like

I deleted my post because it wasn’t entirely correct

Ext in gets effected by symmetry (pre-comp/part of distortion?), I thought distortion amount was changing it too but it was just distorting the AR fx more

So…

1 Like

Fucking…

1 Like

What…

1 Like

The…

1 Like

Heck…

1 Like

Did…

1 Like