The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

You can do that in step recording mode: rec+stop, then hold shift to activate keyboard and enter notes.

1 Like

We are talking about inputing notes from an external keyboard via MIDI.

What else do you use them for? Interested

Any sound where you want one to cut off the other, sometimes I use it as utility to keep the mix clean (kickdrum chokes subs) and sometimes itā€™s more creative (integrating a pad/drone into the drum track by choking it with a perc). A simple tool with a lot of possibility.

6 Likes

Master Compressor, Analog Rytm has one, Digitakt has oneā€¦

5 Likes

:100:

6 Likes

Choking the sub with the Kick is something Iā€™ve not tried. Thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve already casted my vote for an arp and I know it was speculated that this would never happen, and a common explanation seems to be that ā€œthis is a drum computer first, synthesizer secondā€.

But, seeing how many people here +1 on the request for the arp, I just want to point out to you amazing Elektron designers that you yourself describe your new product as:

12 Track Drum Computer
& Synthesizer - Enter a sonic metropolis with Syntakt. Analog and Digital synthesis. Drum and melody. In full fusion.

Emphasis added. I donā€™t see how ā€œdrum and melody in full fusionā€ would so obviously exclude an arpeggiator, especially when the device lacks polyphony (which is different from multi-timbrality!). Hereā€™s hoping that someone will eat their hat at some point.

Just wanted to point this out. Iā€™ll stop whining about the arp now. Have a great Friday!

3 Likes

Everybody knows itā€™s probably going to get some kind of update in the future.

I think Elektron has established a predictable pattern that makes good sense.

Release the MVP, then slowly add some common features. This is a benefit to everyone - a more stable product launched on time, and less risk for Elektron.

I overreacted on the lack of some of these predictable features at launch.

Personally I could see arp, polyphony, and portamento. It kind of makes sense to prodvide more of a reason for M:C users to upgrade.

Maybe if we pray hard enough, saving trigs as sounds and some other often-requested things will be added to this and other productsā€¦

5 Likes

While I never would have thought about requesting it for a device like the Syntakt, the A4 arp would be a really nice addition. Or they could enhance the roll function to give arp functionality, that could work.

1 Like

Not only a predictable pattern, but one of the main reasons I keep coming back to Elektron devices. Long time support with updates and new features is a remarkable thing nowadays (unfortunately).

3 Likes

Yeah Direct Jump is ESSENTIAL.
+1

Is it not possible to live record from the soundpool?

2 Likes

:pray:

4 Likes

Key tracking for filters (unless Iā€™ve overlooked it?)

I think you can already do that, Sound menu

4 Likes

I was looking in the wrong menu. Thanks!

Master tuning please!

5 Likes

Iā€˜ve been using the syntakt for 3 days now :star_struck:

A few things I would like to see:

-configurable led colors for the trig keys
When your in mute mode all trig keys are backlit in green, I would love to color key my tracks for live situations. I think 4 colors should do the job.

-glide/legato(maybe itā€˜s somewhere idk.)

-2nd lfo trigger toggle

This way you could offset the trigger for the 2nd lfo to the one of lfo1, just a really simple on/off setting but extremely effective!

-simple patchable envelope(s) for example you would be able to patch it to a synth parameter or the filter resonance etcā€¦ It is possible to do this with the lfos but it would be great to have just one modulation source more.

-speak and spell type of voice synthesizer would be amazing! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I also noticed with my unit:

-noisy output both headphone and line (this effect is just noticable if you blast up the gain on your interface. My digitakt in comparison is dead silent with this much gain)

-loud clicking noise when changing filter types of analog tracks.

So far I canā€™t believe the sounds coming from this piece of alien hardware, Its super crisp, sharp, groovy, pulsing, pumping bad ass to the guts!

Thx for reading, im back to the syntakt :grin:

5 Likes
  1. An option in settings to select and deselect tracks that are affected by control all would be useful as not sure I want to control all a kick drum for exampleā€¦

2. Reloading patterns in the same way the pattern copying/pasting is done so can go back to the original pattern

3. Graphics animate when lfo is sent to itā€¦ the visual would be helpful to remember what is being modulated or something similar

9 Likes

Scratching my head they didnā€™t add a note slide :thinking:

6 Likes