The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

a few mute groups would be nice. suppose you wanted to use a couple tracks for hi hats and you wanted one track to mute the other. this can be useful with multiple bass type sounds, etc.

i use this feature on the tempest.

3 Likes

Up and down arrows to select LFO destinations while destination menu is open (currently only via knob)

Dual mono mode for audio inputs

9 Likes

Elektron looked into the metropolis of the future and saw that acid wasn’t part of it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Another take on song mode. Besides the usual chain-save-with-project request, I’d love it if you could set it to progress automatically or manually.

Sort of a “jump to next pattern” mode. One of the strengths of the Elektron boxes, as I see it, is that they allow you to be spontaneous and drag out or shorten a part of the song depending on how you feel (or, I suppose, how the crowd reacts). For the most part, you have a clear idea of where the song should go next - it’s just a question of when.

So, a pattern chain that stays on the current pattern until you double tap [>] or something.

5 Likes

I’m the only one thinking that when you select the hi-pass filter it should be fully open instead of already cutting the whole spectrum?

11 Likes

Alas not, much to my dismay too… hopefully it’s incoming but maybe not before any current bugs are fixed… it’s been added to the others post release

2 Likes

A way to ‘sort’ or differentiate between analog or digital sounds from the pool/+drive.
Maybe this isn’t possible, else it might have already been there, but Its a bit awkward having to change track, just to audition a sound / or trying to remember the sounds that wouldn’t audition while going through the list.

9 Likes

You might be able to do that by just using one Track for all your HiHat sounds changing them with sound locks and maybe do some p-locks to not modulate one, when modulating the other.

External MIDI TRIG page

Would be much more convenient to say the notes (G#5 etc…) rather than simply +/- numbers on the poly keyboard as you turn the three function dials to adjust notes played on a trig, particularly for none keyboard players.

Also when you preview a trig on this page the preview fails, it only plays the root note of the trig and not the additional notes selected.

1 Like

The ST is built up around machines, and an oversimplification is to almost think of a machine as a sound “preset”, from which you can dial it in to your taste. It’s a very customized synth engine, but it’s called machine because engine would push the definition a bit too far.

Anyway, in theory this should open up the possibility of a lot more interesting machines in future updates.

They could add a couple of more FM synth machines from the DT, like a different/specialized algorithm or a different set of modulators. Or maybe some new wavetable machines. Or maybe even machines like Bass (specialized to make really fat bass and lead tones).

It seems to me that the ST would benefit from a little deeper and/or wider timbre on the melody side and the machine concept opens up for a lot more in future updates. In theory, it’s a brilliant concept since it can be designed around the same 8 parameter design (meaning it’s ctrl+all compatible) but with vastly different tonal characters.

6 Likes

My one arrived yesterday and I already had lots of fun with it.
My top requests as of now would be:

• Improved internal Keyboard usage (like digitone does it).
    . When sound browsing I would like to use the Keyboard to trigger the selected sound in the “Sound Browser” and not the sound assigned to the track.
    . When in grid recording mode I would like to be able to assign a note to the selected trig with the internal keyboard.
  • I would like to be able to assign machine specific parameters to the modifier buttons - like for example the “Chord Type” of the chord machine.
  • When pressing the TRK button it would be nice to better visually differentiate the tracks that do not contain trigs
  • Kits
  • Portamento
  • Arpeggio
4 Likes

I feel like this box would benefit greatly from kind of basic sampling. I guess at best we would get sample import like samples but they doesn’t do anything for me and digitakt level sampling is impossible… so I’m just not as into this box… put some kind of sampling in it and I might bite.

1 Like

If you want sampling get digitakt.

7 Likes

kits!

1 Like

it seems like with the new scales feature, a transpose function is needed. something like the a4 where it transposes quantized to the scale.

and even though there are work arounds, a pitch slide, glide, portamento feature would be nice.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve been playing/writing with the Syntakt for almost a week now and I’m having a whole lot of fun with it!
Here are a few QOL features I would love to see added to make this box even better:

-Portamento

-Digitone-style track transposition

-Dual Mono Input

-Chorus effect

-Using the keyboard to play the selected sound while in Sound Browser rather than just Func+Yes’ing it.

-Master Compressor with sidechain that doesn’t also compress the sidechain’s sound source.
Would love to have it work that way in the DT too…

-As someone mentioned earlier, a machine that emulated striking metal, tile, etc would be terrific!
This is what I originally thought/had heard one of the machines would be able to do. Upon finding out that isn’t the case, I was pretty disappointed.

-Some form of Song Mode would be nice.
Still find it odd that my Electribe ES2 can do this but a groovebox that costs a considerable sum more is omitting this feature.

-Lastly, I’m happy with the new way the Metronome shortcuts work, but it constantly throws off my muscle memory because its the opposite of the way they work in the DT/DN. I guess this could be considered more of a DT/DN request, but I would like to see those controls standardized between the 3 devices.

Despite my laundry list, I’m really enjoying using the Syntakt so far and can’t wait to see what may come in the future!

7 Likes

This. The profile of some sounds change by the octave, so it would be really neat if they added this. Maybe one can also toggle this on/off from the settings.

3 Likes

Putting stuff through distortion can make it sound clangy. Does it have the ability to do that on digital machines?

I’ve gotten many great and varied sounds out of all of the included machines so far.
My disappointment with the PC Carbon comes mainly from reading about a physical modeling synth engine being included, and me (maybe naively) thinking it would be able to create the aforementioned types of timbres. The PC Carbon machine itself sounds fine if you’re not expecting it to sound like something that it’s not.

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure what UW machines are, (though I requested it :joy:) just short samples?
Why I’m asking is, a scwf machine seems like a doable ask. And it might add more synth capabilities. Idk if user implemented is necessary or possible but if elektron added 128, 256 scwf on a machine it would be pretty useful and could go a long way, imo.