The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

Yeah 12 is a lot to handle without Solo mode!

2 Likes

FUNC + PLAY
FUNC + PLAY
FUNC + PLAY
argh
FUNC + PLAY
FUNC + PLAY
FUNC + PLAY

5 Likes

Genius!

1 Like

ā€¦plus one for SOLOā€¦

just like a third mute modeā€¦press onceā€¦the green mute levelā€¦press twiceā€¦the pink mute levelā€¦press a third timeā€¦the solo stageā€¦in blueishā€¦maybe?..
aaaand another press function and bankā€¦ur back to where u startedā€¦green mute mode againā€¦not the most quick 'n handy optionā€¦but the easiest to achieve in actual codeā€¦

or a basic switch option in the sound or pattern menu, to exchange one of the mute modes into a solo functionā€¦?

and thanx for the audition sound in browser via keyboard fix in .01 updateā€¦
next level of audition comfortā€¦select a trackā€¦open sound browserā€¦and the actual track trigs play whatever the sound browser is adressing nowā€¦if ur not picking anything finally via ā€œyesā€, a simple ā€œnoā€ brings u right back to old track sound settingsā€¦

and only as little reminderā€¦donā€™t miss out on vowel and spelling machinesā€¦ :wink:
aaaand bring an arp function to the modifiers that is always linked to actual scale and chord settingsā€¦ :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Since we have Quick Mutes, how about Quick Solo :slight_smile:

[FUNC] + [TRACK] is quick mute (just like today)

[FUNC] + [TRACK] [TRACK] is quick solo (double tap)

4 Likes

Yes please!

What about when you want to quickly mute and unmute a track? I am always playing mutes like keys and double tapping to do something other than mute and unmute would cause a lot of headaches I think.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a good point. Maybe holding [FUNC] + [TRACK] would work better vs a double tap.

A lot depends on adjusting the timing of the double tap so that it does not interfere with regular taps.

1 Like

Track+Func+Func (double tap func) this way thereā€™s no way to mess up mutes. But Iā€™m not sure if something like that could be implemented.

Or maybe Func+Track long press for 2 seconds, as you mentioned depends on timing.

They already changed this in 1.01

ROOT NOTE + SCALE + LFO_SYN TUNE.

When you apply one LFO to SYN TUNE, it would be great to constrain / quantize, the generated random notes to the root and scale you are working with.

Thanks!

Mad Vasco - Spain
Loving the Syntakt BTW

11 Likes

love this suggestion.

1 Like

To elaborate on my 3OSC machine idea, I was thinking about how it would actually work.

Knobs A, B, C would control the TUNE. Knobs E, F, G would be the wave forms (basically the wave tables from the chord machine without the LPF crap). Knob H is the overdrive. Knob D could perhaps be a sub oscillator sine wave that is always an octave below OSC 1, OR it could be a noise generator volume knob.

Also, I think all the Digi boxes need a few more distortion/over drive controls. While the OD on the various boxes is nice, itā€™d be great if we could get a few more parameters to tweak to make it more versatile.

1 Like

Yeah, agreedā€¦ I like hard, noisey, tight snares and it seems hard to make these punchy without layering on the syntakt

This! @Elektron - Please add an option to ā€œDeactivate Track Deleteā€ !!! pLeAsE!

1 Like

Of course I second a lot of the requests so far. I have two point:

1. The band pass filters on the digital machines (Filter page 2) are controlled by the parameters base frequency and width. The first parameter moves the position of the filter window and therefore also the frequency of the low pass filter. It would be nice to have the option (somewhere in the menu) to use low pass frequency and high pass frequency independently instead.

2. An even more esoteric request would be to have an option to shutdown the Syntakt via software gracefully instead of simply cutting power via the power switch. It just feels wrong to kill the machine like this.

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand lol. The power switch on back of the unit is there for a purpose to turn it on / off. Do you use software to turn your t.v or vacuum off? :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Iā€™m sure itā€™s been said a bunch but it is marketed as a drum computer & synthesizer and I canā€™t really name a synth off the top of my head that doesnā€™t have legato.

Right now in my brief use it is quite plucky, bubbly, and bouncy. No, no workarounds allowed, needs legato.

9 Likes

Today I again realized that I really really really really miss to change the response curve to lin log on the VCA. Please guys its for percussive sounds.

5 Likes

No, far from PWM. I dont know why they bothered to make 50 different versions of dual vco, instead of adding 4 core shapes to each, a mix knob and ring mod/fm cababilities with one oscillator as a carrier and the other as an operator. If DVCO was envisioned (and it was) as a bass synth, then lack of the sqare and pwm is a serious oversight. most of those fm/ring mod algos sound similar and are too dirty for most of the genres. I love my Rytm, but they could ve done a better job with dual vco. Even a single VCO done right would be ok.

2 Likes