The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

Nope. We have to limit ourselves somewhere in the design process… :zonked:
The headphones is tapped from main out and the inputs are electrically wired as inputs only.

12 Likes

I read from time to time to check if there are some totally impossible hardware related requests. I don’t want users to be too hopeful regarding impossible feature requests, and the one regarding input/output wiring have surfaced before.

21 Likes

Well, I commend you for having the fortitude to put up with all of us!

7 Likes

No worries! It’s usually just fun! :ecstatic:

11 Likes

Please! Formants synths are underrated and very uncommon in hardware boxes, would be a huge source of fun

3 Likes

So a sample playback machine is possible for sure?

1 Like

Haha… Well, I don’t code at Elektron so unfortunately I can’t say anything regarding what is possible firmware wise. And I am also not that involved in the design process so shouldn’t comment on that either. Sorry.

7 Likes

Right. Sample playback is firmware 1.01. That’s what I’m hearing and won’t accept nuanced or thoughtful replies.

8 Likes

Just had my first few hours with the syntakt and it’s really good fun. I’ve only got one feature request and I think it should be really easy to implement:
The option to configure the velocity response curve (linear, exponential, off) in the sound setup menu, just how it is implemented on the DN. As of firmware 1.0, velocity is hardwired to the volume of a sound.

7 Likes

Ctrl-all machines and some of its variants as on the MD.

4 Likes

The Syntakt looks and sounds sick!

Dream updates:

1. UW Machine - we can go to Sample City, right? If this is a Syn then it’s in its nature: the other products will understand… seriously though, I would lose-it if this happened
  2. Master Compressor - under-appreciated by many, but so useful for an all-in-one music making device
  3. Song Mode
  4. Arpeggiator
  5. Paraphonic mode analog Dual Osc synths (if possible?)
  6. 303 Machine with slides and happiness :slight_smile:

Anyway, congrats Elektron team, you’ve made a fantastic Groovebox!

12 Likes

No worries.
There’s more than enough OD circuits and filters in there to balance and enhance almost surgically.
Anyway, I’ll always have the AR.
First World Problems.

2 Likes

Undo
Compressor
Pattern chain save

6 Likes

So, don’t plug headphones out into external inputs? :zipper_mouth_face:
Are we going to get that Moog type overdrive? Or a Void Warranty.

Slide, glide, portamento (whatever you like to name it) to get some proper acid lines going. The sound is already available :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Its 2022, it would be soo great if the envelopes could be log/exp…drums just aren‘t linear, even if it sounds percussive with short envelopes.

7 Likes

You won’t break anything, just might get a bad feedback loop.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be a problem (but you will get feedback as @warpigs330 says).

EDIT: Electrically ok, if you find it a usable sound I let you decide for yourself…

4 Likes

+1 for master compressor
+1 for UW Machine

9 Likes

I bet with the analog FX you can probably actually get a ton of control over the feedback in there. Reminds me of some stuff I have done in modular. Definitely worth a test.

2 Likes