Thinking about an OP-Z Field…

Mine is still perfect, got three months after release. Who knows???

I would love a field though…
BUT
it HAS to retain the replaceable battery, have replaceable buttons, and use the same modules… if it doesn’t have any of this it would be a waste of design I think. If it has all of this I will buy as soon as possible.

Also, if they are not gonna do it, why not just offer users with problems the new chassis if they have changed it? That would go a long way to improving the opz horrible reputation.

i just hope for that field chassis made from Aluminium, similar to the slide case (early OP-Z days) with motorized X axis rings, so when the Op-Z has been slipped into the chassis you would then connect the motorized ring with a Lego X pin.

functionality would be for magnetic lfo and parameter recording with feedback.

the case is mostly flat with slightly bigger buttons to push but basically just tips on the existing buttons from the op-z!

this would be in comparison so easy to manufacture and with a mechanism that holds the OP-Z in place, basically tighten it straight inside.

this should be the only thing to incline the OP-Z to the field line, the actual design would perfectly fit in such mechanical cases etc etc

make it happen

1 Like

Knowing the jump in cost of the OP1 to the OP1 Field, a Titanium case wouldn’t be out of the question.

I’m expecting a similar price increase…

Hasn’t been a firmware update for op-z in a while so…

this would be the least TE move imaginable

2 Likes

OP-Z currently on sale on their website :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Time to buy one!

:pray:. just sending a prayer out there. OP-Z field for Christmas would be nice

1 Like

I do flirt with the thought of getting an OP-Z again to pair with my OP1F. Some crazy 2nd hand prices on them just now - sub £300 not hard to find at all.

If only TE would drop some of the Z features into the Field though!

pocket :clap: operator :clap: field :clap: … ill see myself out

1 Like

Hold the door for me, because a beefed-up PO-33 in a TX-6 form factor would be amazing.

2 Likes

OP-Z is now only 499 but the modules are the same price…

Modules will work in the OP-Z Field. closes door slowly

Well imagine if they didn’t? That would be madness.

Titanium chassis, OP1 Field power switch, Stereo, 899.

one thing to note is that OP-1 Field and OP-Z run on the same processor and as far as i know the OP-Z is pretty stacked on the processor front, so i´m not sure how beefed up a OP-Z Field would be without a new processor.

1 Like

Interesting. I assumed the OP1 Field would have something more powerful.

The OP-Z processor is pretty powerful as i understand it, it´s just a lot of data running under the hood at the same time. The OP-1 doesn´t have as much data running at the same time.

2 Likes

OPZ is just amazing, would also be nice if when connected to an op1F, the screen on the op1 could display the visual menus of the opz…

2 Likes

Interesting. How come it runs into audio over usb issues (sound gets “torn”) if the processor is so good? I assumed based purely on internet rumours it is the processor not keeping up when this happens.

I basically know nothing about processors and audio.

Reliable multitrack audio over usb would be a huge selling point for a field version.

I mean, i don’t know. Maybe it isn’t good, I don’t know.

2 Likes