2. Chorus
  3. More polyphony if possible
  4. More polyphonic machine types
  5. Quad osc with waveshaping machine
  6. Master Compressor
  7. Granular reverb/delay / granular fx
  8. External send fx loop through in/out routing
2 Likes

Yes, itā€™s good. Itā€™s a great piece of gear that works well, is not buggy and offers an interesting approach to the Elektron style of working. It may not be for everyone but itā€™s definitely good solid gear.

1 Like

How many poly machines can you have at the same time?

There arenā€™t any poly machines.

1 Like

Take a look at the Syntakt product page and you will see everything it has and doesnā€™t have.

Iā€™ll save you the effort.

It doesnā€™t have cupholders.

4 Likes

This is one of the things that amazes me about the current MPC, how everyone uses them differently. I never even touched the clips.

It has chord, no? 4 operator, 4 voice poly FM cluster?

I would like Elektron to team up with Noise Engineering the way Arturia did with themā€¦ Elektron sequencer, Noise Engineering oscillatorsā€¦ a match made in heaven.

4 Likes

Yeah but it getā€™s triggered by a single MIDI note.

Isnā€™t it more like tuning a 4 osc synth as a chord?

I think itā€™s awesome for what it does already which is a lot. Also within a month they dropped a update to give us a few little things and clean up some simple bugs. Itā€™s software, so of course youā€™ll never find something that isnā€™t buggy for awhile in the beginning, but as is right now itā€™s pretty smooth and satisfying! So Iā€™m going to say they will update it with new stuff just as they have their other stuff throughout the years.

2 Likes

Yes. So itā€™s like Shapeshifter poly. I mean no harm I get triggered easy since the manual is offline and the marketing page doesnā€™t say much regarding machines which are fundament of Syntakt. Marketing dep.

So I can have this chord 4 poly machine on how many tracks at the same time?

:-). Nice.

1 Like

I mean itā€™s not true poly like DN, where you can play a chord on a keyboard and record that to the sequencer, and then edit every single note of that chord to whatever you want.

On Syntakts chord machine you play a midi note and get to select a chord from a list. And there is only one synth engine with a small amount of parameters. Itā€™s very nice but itā€™s not true polyphony in that sense.

You should be able to use chord machines on all 8 digital tracks

1 Like

You can use 1 chord machine per track in the digital tracks. So you can have 8 of them because thereā€™s 8 digital tracks. However with some simple tricks in the LFO department, and you have 2 of those per track and donā€™t forget the fx track stuff too. You can get some movements going on that sounds like itā€™s doing more then 1 chord etcā€¦

1 Like

Yeah I think way of looking at this is like Autechre machine. Iā€™ll get it then. Letā€™s see. Elektron should add more machines though + poly machine. Thank you. I like it really.

3 Likes

Syntakt motto is ā€œadore now, explore foreverā€. With a motto like that, one would think theyā€™ll definitely give us more machines and other things :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™d love a truly polyphonic machine, but the main thing I want is just more options for weird glitchy percussion. It already has a ton on that front, but if it could go into more of a Machinedrum territory thatā€™d be even cooler.

1 Like

Lol I hope not.

I think everyone will be happy with machines.

1 Like