Thread for consoling each other

I’ve wasted the last two and a half hours on the futile attempt to get my wife Eurovision tickets for her Birthday.

Fuck you, Ticketmaster.

Fuck you.

5 Likes

would you have had to have gone? I’m trying to think how many people in the Eurovision crowd would also have been at the Autechre Barbican gig?

5 Likes

A surprising amount, probably.

Also, yes, I love Eurovision.

1 Like

sean and rob most certainly

1 Like

makes sense. in fact @Fin25 to represent the UK in 2024, europe is ready for drone pop core

5 Likes

I’d win mate.

And that’s what scares them…

5 Likes

Lol I love this post. Thank you.

2 Likes

I feel this in my bones.

3 Likes

I fucking love Eurovision. Hell, even Throbbing Gristle were huge Abba fans.

Are pop and noise really that different beyond outcome optimized for?

I love the novelty acts with talent, the “please dear god don’t select me, i’m already austere enough” the inevitable bloc of puppet states and reaction to puppet states, any “fuck you” to ongoing world strife.

Less fond of reputational laundering but ehhhhh I’ll take it and grumble.

It’s the closest I get to sports cheerleading.

2 Likes

Eurovision is where music goes to die.

Fuck you, Eurovision.

Fuck you

4 Likes

I do watch it though. The weans like it.

2 Likes

the best thing about these 2 posts back to back is that it reminds me of the guy who tells you how bad smoking is for you and then asks if you have a cigarette. I love it.

Somebody console me about my sad broken sense of humor

4 Likes

When I’m intoxicated and chatting late at night outside of a venue, I’m actually helping someone extend their lifespan.

2 Likes

It’s a rough job, being the carrot AND the stick.

Someone has to do it though.

Partnership for a drug and tobacco free America is alive and well.

but uh, you got any of that crack?

1 Like

I want to buy a house… in the USA… interest rates have gone up and there was a lot of speculation that house prices would fall in relation… prices have only gone up!

4 Likes

A sad broken sense of humour is hard earned.

3 Likes

I stupidly sold this original Banksy for a few hundred quid before he became the mainstream art phenomenon he is today.

6 Likes

Unlucky.

My ex-girlfriend’s bookshop had one of them on the side wall about 20 years ago, did their business the world of good.

3 Likes

CONDOLENCES.

Where y’at? Home prices have dropped a ton in my area (WA) since whatever hedge funds and unlimited capital lost the availability of ~0% interest rates to buy homes en masse with wads of cash.

1 Like

That’s really rough. I’m sorry.

2 Likes