Thread for consoling each other

My wife thinks my Matrix Brute looks like a cockpit. I do play around with that one…love it.

3 Likes

I bet you don’t feel as bad as the horrible keyboard on the Opsix.

3 Likes

You can get Mutable Instruments modules in VCV for free and Noise Engineering release their modules as VSTs - there’s a lot more to a synth than the sounds it makes :slight_smile:

I like the theory about a boat turning up - they’re likely way overstocked - also explains why the deals are only in the US!

2 Likes

You will be able to help all the new opsix owners troubleshoot, explore new ideas….generally pass on your knowledge!

2 Likes

Maybe because at some point your brain was thinking : with such equipment I will be really interested in this two topics.

For the song, I don’t quite understand why so many people are interested in doing song with musical gears or YouTube performance or live jam.
I mean you can do quick jam at your home and have fun doing that. And not feeling guilty at all about it. You can play some melody or doing pattern which make you feel good.
Having a goal can be good to try to progress. But feeling guilty about not getting the energy to reach it is not good for mental.

On my side, to remove this « I need to make song ». I decided to take a week and do the following. Start my gear, always the same gear. Put a recorder after one hour of creating pattern. And record a 5 min song and stop. At the end of the week I had 7 track. I call it an album :joy:.

And I decided to not be a producer, YouTuber, party people in the nightclub :slight_smile:
Keep it fun we have one life

13 Likes

Well, the Opsix still goes for $750 where I live, and the Korg Reverb shop only ships to US, and don’t get me started about Sweetwater’s attitude towards 3rd world customers…

I think I’ll get an Opsix in a couple years. And of course I’ll have to pay full price.

Agreed! I basically use Bandcamp as a library of my own stuff.

It’s a shame Korg isn’t selling a desktop version. Luckily, upgrading it to a desktop module seems to be a breeze.

1 Like

I can’t find that price anywhere in Europe :sweat:

Time to build your OnlyFans account?

1 Like

I sold my Korg monologue for $175 and now they are $429

1 Like

I had no idea monologues jumped up that much!

I think I paid $299 for my Monologue when they first launched. Can’t believe they jumped that much in price! I was hoping they would do a Mkii, or XD version with an added digital oscillator at some point. I always recommend the Monologue as a great budget synth, but at $429 it is starting to get into another price bracket.

Interesting about the Opsix. Many of the places that had them on sale yesterday don’t even have them listed on their site anymore. I wonder if they are being discontinued?

The OPSIX’ decksaver is 1/3 the cost of the synth. :scream:

2 Likes

Forget the decksaver, just buy a spare Opsix

13 Likes

great advice! I’ve been meaning to do this for ages. Encouraging to hear it worked for you.

1 Like

OMG that’s nuts!

I just traded a basically new Udo Super 6 desktop for a prophet 6 desktop + 150.

The guy that traded it to me was very nice, relatively new to synths. He said it was in perfect condition.

When I got home, I saw that it was far from perfect. If it was on reverb it would’ve been accurate to say good condition.

Some Pots/knobs are wobbly/not smooth, scratches everywhere, some small dents.

It doesn’t affect the sound or anything, but compared to the pristine Super 6, I feel a bit stupid for making the trade. The guy threw in an extra 150 after I told him I was feeling disappointed and a bit misled.

That was really cool of him, he could have very easily ghosted me. And I know it wasn’t intentional on his part.

But yea, this is the thread for this stuff, and I’m bummed to have a pretty beat up prophet 6! Love the sounds though!

6 Likes

Bought a basically new Jupiter XM for 900 off Craigslist. Had an emergency and sold a basically new Jupiter XM for 900 to someone on Craigslist.

Can’t believe they’re 1699 now!!!

3 Likes

the aftermarket is so fickle, it’s like trying to forecast the weather blindfolded inside a hyperbaric chamber. even if you HAD known, you would have still needed the money for the financial emergency, and had you sold some other gear you would regret even more, then you would genuinely regret not having now that which was perceived to be most useful to you then, and by murphy’s law it would have inexplicably tripled in value by the time you went to repurchase it. you did the right thing and you’re still here to tell about it! I console you! no! I COMMEND you!

:+1:

4 Likes