Took three months off work and made this album

Here’s something I’ve been quietly working on for the past 12 months. My first release under the moniker Sinne (Swedish for senses).

Last autumn I took a three-month leave from work to make an album. Wrote and recorded these nine tracks and then spent the spring/summer mixing them. That’s the short version anyway.

Stylistically this is somewhere between Ólafur Arnalds, Thom Yorke, Ulver and Nick Cave’s soundtrack work, maybe some of my old faves like Pink Floyd and Sigur Rós have sneaked in there as well. It’s cinematic and electronic combined.

I had a friend play trumpet on two tracks and another friend who mixed three of the tracks and mastered the album. The rest is me, including the vocals. I’m really proud of how the album turned out.

Hope some of you guys will like it!

p.s. I have plans and dreams of releasing this album officially later (thinking something beyond Bandcamp) but I wanted to share the album with all of you now. (Update April 2022: still looking for a label.) So consider this a semi-official release right now. Feel free to download it for free or pay what you want (please note that if this album gets a proper/physical release, I may have to take it down from my Bandcamp). Any and all money you decide to pay for the album will go straight to a charity called Finnish Natural Heritage Foundation (https://luonnonperintosaatio.fi/en/).

p.p.s. Gear-wise the album’s got a bunch of things: Subharmonicon (a lot of it), Machinedrum, Octatrack, Matriarch, DFAM, Peak, Lyra-8, Kawai K-200 piano, Ólafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions, various Felt Instruments VSTs (Blisko, in particular), U-he Repro. (I’m probably forgetting something.)

Thank you for listening / feedback / support!

One more thing: Here’s what I envision to be the first single off the album. The video was created from archive material (and unlisted as of now).

72 Likes

Dude. You’re gonna blow up!

This is excellent. Refined sound. Brilliant soundscapes and rich vocals.

Congrats on the album! Purchasing now

5 Likes

Very nicely done.

1 Like

Thank you so much, Ryan! Really warms my heart!

1 Like

:black_heart: congratulations! will listen properly -sounds amazing so far

3 Likes

@ssante and @ylva - Thanks, truly appreciate it!

ah man i’m looking forward to taking this in properly as a soundtrack for hazy nights in with friends but my toe dip suggests this is the purest luscious sounding electro-psychedelic folk-soul enriching music of the highest calibre.

2 Likes

Love this album

1 Like

Absolutely outstanding. Fantastic. I could go on. But I got an album to keep listening to,

3 Likes

Seriously impressive. You’re very talented.
This forum is so full of hidden gems.

2 Likes

Just woke up listening to Dormant Gods.
Impressive.
Chapeau.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s really beautiful! Congratulations!
The Procession is, at this point, my favorite :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds great from the sample I heard !! I’ve downloaded it and will listen properly over the weekend. Thanks !

2 Likes

Fantastic news! I know what I am doing this evening now. Can’t wait. Congratulations on getting it finished and released.

2 Likes

You’ve just made me enjoy singing on electronic music.

You bastard.

8 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Just had a chance to take a proper listen to the whole album. Fair play! Production values are fantastic. Favourite track is the title track. Hope you are feeling good about this release, well done :clap:

2 Likes

Well done, sounds awesome, good singing chops too.
And like always, great taste in sounds and arrangements. :boom:

Congrats!

2 Likes

expected discordant out of key 4 bar loops with filter twists
got some rather nice melodic ambient.

purchased. nice one.

2 Likes

Very good, I am enjoying this!

1 Like