Torso T1 Algorithmic Sequencer

5 Likes

Sweet!

torsoelectronics ORDER #1198

Your order is on the way

Your order is on the way. Track your shipment to see the delivery status.

1 Like

In single climb Style mode, is there a way to get the selected notes in Pitch to descend instead of ascending in sequence? I’m trying to create falling arpeggios, and even negative Voicing and negative Range (using the Saw Phrase) doesn’t do the trick.

Why doesn’t it work with the saw phrase?
(I’m not with my T1 right now)

The pitch variation appears to happen on a “note set” by “note set” basis, where a “note set” are the notes you choose in pitch. So if you have D-F-A selected, with a falling saw, it’ll play D-F-A, and then the next set would be, for example, C-E-G, where the selected pitches are indeed “lower”, but still play in ascending order.

Mine arrived yesterday. First thought was how well built and heavy it is. I used to own a kordbot, which was a very interesting device, but totally different worlds of build quality. Not had a chance to plug it in yet, really looking forward to a bit of digitone action with it.

Build quality is amazing - learning curve seems a bit steep / manual requires deep-dive not just skimming at least

I’ve been really enjoying my T-1, such an inspiring and innovative instrument with, as has been mentioned, amazing build quality.

Recently asked the Torso team about the possibility of using the T-1 as a real-time MIDI-to-CV/gate processer and got this reply, thought it would be intriguing for the folks in this thread:

That might be possible in the future – We are planning to implement MIDI effect processing at some point. When that happens incoming MIDI will be processed by the algorithms and can be sent out of both the MIDI and CV/Gate outputs. The implementation isn’t completely planned, but it will probably be possible to use it as a real-time MIDI to CV/GATE interface if the clean signal is passed through. We will definitely have this in mind!

Excited to see how their plans for MIDI effect processing develop!

5 Likes

Anyone recommend the custom case? Not sure I want to put 45 euro and shipping down for it.

Any alternatives?

Realizing that due to its small size it’s such a joy to take with, a case would be great.

Mine came with (Kickstarter) and it’s a pretty nice case, well-fitted. I’d think about using a heavy camera wrap as an alternative, depending on how you’re going to be carrying it.

1 Like

I got mine with the additional case for 45 Euro and I am glad I did. It fits very well and seems of good quality.

For traveling and carrying around you probably won’t find a better solution (custom made) for the T1. I think it is worth the extra money since it is a good protection for a very well built and fine machine. I´d recommend it!

1 Like

I got the case too but when I pack up all my machines into a bag I’m not going to use the case since it will take up at least double the size. It is a fine case and it protects the unit very well. Just a little bulky IMO.

Strong recommend. Took it on two long-distance international flights around the world recently, survived very well in my backpack.

1 Like

Loving the T-1 so far but i cant find any info on using midi thru as a midi out in the manual.
I can change the midi thru to a output in the software but it dosnt send any midi from midi thru port…so im guessing this function is not there yet?
Or am i doing something wrong?

Not implemented yet. Right now it just sends everything to both if it’s set to output 2, I think. Eventually the output setting (Ctrl+chan) will let you set that up.

1 Like

Any clues on the availability ? Next batch ?

I got mine from the 2nd batch, I think. Seems like they are sold out for now, not sure if they intend to do another batch. Probably depends on demand.

Write them, they are really nice and respond quickly, maybe they take notice and eventually have a 3rd batch available (I think there have been two so far).

I am sure the T1 will be more and more interesting for many other users when it is clearer that this sequencer is a really good choice. With sixteen channels, this thing could be the brain of a set up, depending what everyones workflow is though. I am about to check this out myself… :wink:

3 Likes

Cool! Is there room for the cables?

Would be cool if you could save a default state in the config tool. Saving root notes, scales, bpm, etc