Torso T1 Algorithmic Sequencer

Not a ton, but you can put a USB cable between the knobs easily.

1 Like

You could be able to just keep a bank with just that in it. Agreed, though.

1 Like

True, I do that with elektrons. I saved a default project and just open that and re-save if I want to start fresh.

But the config tool is perfectly set up for such a feature imo

Nice one!

As @Dymaxion says you can put a USB cable between the knobs, but you can also lift up the moulded piece inside that holds the T1 in position, stick your cables under it (it’s hollow), and then replace it there.

1 Like

I received my t-1 only a few day ago, and I wonder if someone could answer a question. The manual seems to say that pressing every knob will result in a display on the value buttons. When I press-and-hold or double-press the Timing knob (bottom row, knob 6) the value buttons go dark and I get no display. i do get a display when I hold ctl and press the Timing knob. Also, pressing the Tempo knob (top row, knob 9), results in no change in the display on the value buttons.

Is this normal behavior on your t-1? Thanks very much for your help.

Ah, I hadn’t checked that! Thanks!

You need to update your T-1 as the Timing feature was done recently. Then it’ll display the values.
Tempo knob has no display of values.

3 Likes

It will soon - Mathias confirmed in an email that they saw my proposal for visual feedback for tempo and will be rolling out in the next update! The power of small indie dev teams :smile:

5 Likes

Yep, updating did the trick. Thanks for the quick input!

Oh good! That’s been really weird to not have.

2 Likes

Any tips and tricks on making melodies?

I seem to get them but sometimes I adjust the parameters in wrong order it seems.

I am still a beginner with the T1, but I found Cycles very useful to make melody lines. Make changes, on pitch values and maybe others changes on each cycle (value buttons), create more cycles (up to 16) if longer cycles needed. I think it is 4 cycles on a init patch.

Yeah, the T1 really needs time to fully get familiar with all those great options, but I am sure once I know button combinations better and won’t adjust wrong parameters, or in a wrong way/direction, the T1 will be an even more amazing sequencer. The basics are quite easy to get to know, but the manual needs great attention and extra brain muscles to remember all the other great things you can do (cheat sheets!).

Haven’t checked this myself, but Torso said, even midi channels can be randomized, damnnnn, that’s different…

T1 = like a Cirklon Boutique special edition (for me). :partying_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Not class compliant?

The T1 is USB MIDI Class Compliant

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Mine is on its way, I want to use it with Blackbox and Mircromonsta2. I hope I can get varied sequences.

3 Likes

Perfect Circuit got a few in stock yesterday and mine is on the way. I really liked the future retro zillion and the live tweaking of melody, rythm, etc. I moved the zillion a while back but have also really enjoyed @mekohler 's polyphase sequencer for the ipad. I’ve been looking to add a supplemental hardware sequencer similar to both of those products. The t1 seems to have a lot of similar juice while having what looks like a great interface. There hasn’t been anything I’ve noticed with this clean/compact of hardware ui dedicated to live pattern manipulation. Can’t wait to get my hand on it!

1 Like

it sounds supercool

imo, these kinds of machines are like the next wave of pianos for electronic music… i think some kind of AI-assisted instrument will become ubiquitous sooner or later in these genres, and it will spawn a new kind of instrumentality that builds on those abilities…

eventually there will be virtuosos with these kinds of devices and im wondering what that would sound like

Ubiquitous? Which genres ? I find the idea of algorithmic music fascinating (in a nerdy way) but it doesn’t apply to any music I want to make.

1 Like