Torso T1 Algorithmic Sequencer

I’ve had mine for a few days, I like it a lot so far. Voicing/Range/Style/Phrase parameters took a while for me to make sense and even now that I understand better, it still gives those happy accidents, which is a good thing. This unit has a good balance of control/serendipity. The build quality is good as you would expect from a device of this price. I couldn’t use the config software with a pc though, I had to use a mac for it to work.

It’s already great as it is, but I would welcome more styles/phrases/grooves in future updates.

1 Like

That was it. Support got back to me today and re-seating the cap took care of it. The cap had a little extra depth and wasn’t engaging the encoder all of the way. I should’ve thought of that!

2 Likes

Anyone with insight regarding the future plans for the T-1?
I would love some sort of pattern chaining not just switching patterns but i could live without it.

This thing is already unlocking the Medusa in new ways. Just two tracks and cycling through the play modes on the Medusa is yielding great results.

1 Like

Hows the clock on this as a master? (And link)
Anyone using it the same way youd use the missing link from circuit happy?

Yep, it needs pattern chaining for sure. I’d imagine they are working on it

1 Like

like the foot pedal?

Hi everyone.

Sorry if a stupid question but just wondering if you can use the T1 with iOS? I’m going on holiday soon and considering taking it to try and learn properly using the iPad as highly portable polyphonic sound source.

Thanks in advance.

I don’t know why he’s shocked he sold out of those. I knew they would fly off the shelves.

today’s torso jam

12 Likes

Nice, what gear are you using? recording with overbridge?

1 Like

No overbridge. Micromonsta2 plays two parts. The acid part is the TD-3. Some parts are doubled on the Digitone. 1010music Blackbox does the drums. Everything goes to the Bluebox for mixing and effects. I could probably edit it down to 6 minutes, but that was the result of the jam.

2 Likes

Wow, very nice! Thanks

1 Like

Just jumping in to say ableton link works like magic.

My Multiclock is sitting in the corner with it’s arms crossed being envious and all…

2 Likes

Really? Feels a bit dodgy to me. Are you using proper midi or USB?

I’m using, usb from pc for power and config tool. Link for sync, then midi out from the t1 to my vermona.

It just works!

Test run with the T-1 doing all sequencing.
Victims involved are Modor NF-1, Sequential Tempest, Polivoks Pro and Jomox Alpha Base.
HumBug Loop ”Jaddijaddah”

2 Likes

EDIT: Realizing that Ableton Link will not solve my problem - it helps for hardware & apps that connect via LAN but for any hardware that does not, I think the Multiclock is still my best options.

I was looking into a Multiclock for my setup as I’ve historically had MIDI clock timing issues feeding Ableton’s clock to my Machinedrum, Toraiz, Tanzbar, etc.

Are you saying that Ableton’s Link now solves this? Or is this primarily regarding soft-synth/VSTs clocking?

Long story short, I want Ableton’s clock to feed all of my hardware (starting with a Novation SLmk3 and then subsequently to my Machinedrum, Tanzbar, OB-6, Toraiz, etc.).

I will send all my sequences from either the Novation SLMk3 or from Ableton to each of the synths further down the chain, hopefully in time to Ableton’s clock.

Is this available in Ableton Live 10 or just 11? I haven’t tried clocking from Ableton in over a year due to my issues. But revisiting, I’d like to avoid purchasing a Multiclock unless I absolutely need it.

I’d suggest getting the Multiclock if you want solid sync and ability to adjust latency pre daw.

If you’re planning on getting a t1 either way, I’d say give that a go and see if it solves midi issues.

I was syncing my perfourmer, with sync from link and notes from t1

1 Like

They’re out of stock a lot. Desktop version available too.

1 Like