Torso T1 Algorithmic Sequencer

Quoted from an email I got from their mailing list in December.

Since Brexit cast its dark spell at the start of the year, we’ve been searching outside of our Bristolian bubble to try to find any way of simplifying orders to our EU customers.

And finally after 16 months of planning we’re proud to announce from the end of this week, eu.elevatorsound.com will at last be LIVE!

This will provide an online platform where EU customers can order without the additional hassle of UK customs documents, complicated VAT invoices, shipping delays, extra courier/handling charges and all the other difficulties Brexit has thrown up for EU customers when purchasing from the UK.

Shipping will be direct from Spain and of course all payments made in Euros. There is no physical store, purely a distribution hub for us at the moment.

All orders will be shipped using DHL from our new EU Outpost, with Free Delivery on orders over €99 within mainland Spain and around €6-8 to the rest of the EU (size/weight/service dependent).

6 Likes

Thanks for the link @Fin25, I just ordered at the elevatorsound EU site and hoping to have more luck than at MidiAmsterdam.

Hopefully it´s here next week

5 Likes

How do you backup your T1? I don’t see this. I believe Torso said there would be the ability the back up Banks or Projects with the app, but I don’t see how. Maybe it’s not yet a released feature.

Have a look in the File menu once the T1 config is open.

1 Like

Pretty sure the ones on the prototype units are smooth encoders. I remember watching a loopop review and he had a unit with smooth encoders

Very interested in getting this… might give some life to my virus Ti and its 16 channels

For guys who already have it, how does it do in generating melodies/ideas? Can you later export your midi files to a daw for example?

Cool! Let me know how you go. Progress is slow but I’m chipping away at it. I hope people don’t mind me asking questions in this thread as I dive into each section, as the manual and videos aren’t quite detailed enough. Today it’s about the random section:

Q1: Does the random modulation sequence always have 16 steps? In elektronese, I’m imagining it works like a random lfo in ‘hold’ mode, where each new pulse and repeat is affected by the current step of the mod sequence. It’s decoupled from the main step sequence and thus can take several cycles to loop, or loop various times before the cycle is over. Is this correct? (with the exceptions that @xopec noted above - STEPS, PULSES, CYCLES, DIVISION, VELOCITY, PITCH, SCALE advance one step in the mod sequence per cycle)

Q2: does anything happen to the random sequence when a cycle is over (like does it reset to step 1 if the step length and random seq are out of phase?)

Q3: Does random knob and random rate affect every parameter’s mod sequence at once, or is there a way of editing them individually?

Doh! Thanks.

Elevator are good people I have no doubt their EU offering is as good as their UK one

1 Like

I ordered there yesterday. Should not have followed this thread, sigh.

3 Likes

Same lol

Elevator should give @Fin25 some money, looks like hes link just sold 3 Torso T-1s. Mine should be here Friday, unfortunately no time to play it over the weekend…

2 Likes

I’m just like the A-Team. One minute I’m helping people buy sequencers online, the next I’m helping protect poor ranchers from those evil property developers with inexplicable criminal/paramilitary connections.

4 Likes

With a welding montage?

2 Likes

I never leave home without my MIG welder.

2 Likes

I ordered it yesterday, and at first the delivery date was supposed to be on Saturday. Then yesterday evening I got an update that it’s forwarded to Friday. And this morning I got another message saying I’m getting it today lol

Wtf dhl

1 Like

ck9ce

4 Likes

When you wrote that “Midi Out” ain’t implemanted yet, that mean that it cannot be used to control something from midi port to midi port is that right ?
So… How do you use it right now ?
Sorry if that sounds stupid but I cant figure it out rn.

It currently triggers a simple built-in synth, which is inside “p synth”. Just make sure the “synth_voice.maxpat” file is in your max folder. Should be simple enough to add a proper midi output, will get on that while I think about how to solve the Random puzzle

1 Like

Mine arrived this morning. Fastest delivery ever.

Mine just arrived and it had a handwritten note congratulating me on my purchase!
Probably also something @Fin25 arranged from the backseat of his limo

2 Likes