Torso T1 Algorithmic Sequencer

Thanks a lot for sharing.
I would have never guessed, that your two examples were composed with the T1, wow.
They sound also good!
Very nice and special approach you have - definitely different than the majority of T1 examples I‘ve heard so far.

1 Like

Where did you hear about the update plans?

Thanks for your effort

The Torso electronics discord !

2 Likes

You need a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to power the torso and charge the iOS device at the same time if you have a lightning device. Or plug the torso into a powered usb hub and the Normal USB adapter, but this will not charge the device. Usb C ipads will power it from the device. I gotta say it would be the bees knees if this thing had a battery in it, but it doesn’t kill my iPad battery by any means on usb-c

1 Like

I’m beta testing the new firmware and can confirm they have some interesting plans in the works.

7 Likes

I appreciate that! Thank you for requesting a sound example, it’s always a good encouragement for me to actually record something instead of my usual noodling.

2 Likes

reset steps and auto-save, there’s 64 step euclidean rhythms and adjustable CC number
:speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

Such as?

Latest beta includes auto save, 64 step polyrhythms. Assignable CC’s.

Sounds like theirs plans for a way to input notes in a more traditional way. The developer is very open to new ideas, We’ve been sharing emails back and forth.

5 Likes

Syncing T1 via Ableton Link only works for me when using T1’s own WiFi Hotspot. Did anybody manage to make it work with their home WiFi? Is this a known bug?

I think mine synced via link with my iPad running Audiobus. The reason I am not sure is because I hadn’t looked into that possibility and wasn’t trying to achieve it. But - the T-1 was connected to my MBP via a single USB-C cable, I had just set it up via the T-1 config app to use my home wifi, the iPad has never been connected to the T-1 wifi, and I was running said Audiobus on the iPad. In this situation I noticed the play button on the T-1 didn’t start immediately when I hit it after having been stopped. It seemed to wait a bit and then start. It was also blinking orange when stopped. I looked in the appropriate section in the manual and it said something about Link,

1 Like

No issues syncing via link and home wifi. I believe the torso only connects to 2.4ghz networks, so if you’re on a 5g, no go.

(Someone needs to double check my homework)

1 Like

All three of those would be fantastic.
I’d love to have a traditional swing setting, the groove control doesn’t really do it for me.

Thanks, that’s normal behaviour with Ableton Link.

1 Like

Thanks, you’ve done your homework. 5 GHz networks are not visible in the T-1 Config app.

After installing v.1.2.6 I have problem with midi sync: t1 sending and OT (mk I 1.40A) received midi clock and it’s not working correctly. OT constantly starting and paused, and not swinging to EXT mode. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Next week I’m on holiday in Wales, and as it looks like its going to be raining most of the time which gives me an opportunity to do a deep dive with the T1, so I thought I’d see if I could use my old camera connection kit to hook it up to my iphone. It works perfectly :slightly_smiling_face: Unfortunately it looks like Garageband only allows you to record or monitor one track at a time, so not ideal for jamming with multiple T1 tracks. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of multitimbral synths for iOS to jam with with my T1, or perhaps it’s better to get AUM so I can use a bunch of different synths?

1 Like

1.3 just landed :slight_smile:

v1.3.0

September 9, 2022

New features

• Auto-save
    • T-1 now auto-saves the state of all patterns. The auto-saved patterns are loaded when starting the unit.
    • The bank that was open on last session will re-open upon starting the T-1.
  • 64 step cycles
    • Each Euclidean cycle can now be up to 64 steps long.
    • Access this feature by holding [ CTRL ] while turning ( STEPS ).
    • Go to step sequencer view and hold [ CTRL ] and press [ BANK ], [ PATTERN ], [ TEMP ], and [ MUTE ] to view the 4 pages of the sequence.
  • Adjustable CC number
    • Customize the CC number of every CC knob.
    • The CC number page is accessed by double tapping a CC knob + hold [ CTRL ] + press [ PATTERN ].
  • Retriggers
    • Enhanced control over modulations. Use retriggers to reset random, style, phrase, and groove.
    • Insert retriggers by pressing [ CLEAR ] + [ VALUE ] in the ( STEPS ) menu.

Adjustments

• The ( STEPS ) menu has a new color scheme to enhance the focus on controlling the length of the cycle.
  • Double tap [ PATTERN ] for hold.
  • Optional double tap [ CTRL ] for hold. This can be enabled in T-1 Config.
  • Muted CC tracks don’t send their saved CC value when launching the pattern containing the track.
  • When copying a track, pattern, or bank the source is pulsating in green to make it clearer which item is being copied.
  • The clock and reset outputs are reset when stopping the T-1.
  • The colors of the ( RANDOM ) menu has been inverted such that RED means 100% random and BLUE means 0% random.
  • The range of ( QUANTIZE ) has been limited to 1/8 – 16 bars.

Bugfixes

• The state of random modulations was lost between pattern changes and start/stop.
  • Fixed crash when connected network was removed from T-1 Config.
  • ( QUANTIZE ) was not working properly when changing away from 1 bar (regression from v1.2.0).
11 Likes

Can anyone tell me please, is it possible to modulate/randomise the ‘pace’ feature?
I ask because it’s a secondary function on the knob and the manual doesn’t specifically suggest it can be affected by the randomiser…
Thanks if anyone can let me know :pray: