Torso T1 Algorithmic Sequencer

:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

Just to counterbalance the clickless-love I really like having detents when adjusting time division of repeat/pulses etc. but I guess that visual feedback of the pads is as sufficient. The downside to detents is that it makes the knobs slightly clunky for controlling midi CC

So yeah not sure which is best, both are likely great (I love the clicky T1 at least)

3 Likes

Question on PROBABILITY, p22 of the manual:

“Adjust how likely it is for notes to be silenced. This is a useful feature for making space in the composition and
exploring rests. ( PROBABILITY ) is a bipolar function:
• Turned clockwise will increase the chance of any note being silenced.
• Turned counterclockwise will increase the chance of pulses being silenced.

Turned counterclockwise should DECREASE the chance of pulses being silenced. No?

1 Like

I think it’s the difference between pulses and notes, a pulse can “contain” several notes.

1 Like

Still unclear to me.

It says in the manual:
“A silenced pulse does not generate repeats.”

Also if PROBABILITY is bipolar, there should be the option to increase/decrease notes/pulses probability. No?

Edit: having a lot of fun with the T-1. Apart from solving the issue Elektron sequencers cannot transmit pattern change while master length is set to infinite, this sequencer has a lot of potential. Nevermind the upcoming 2.0 FW update :star_struck:

1 Like

Yeah, the manual might be faulty… Have you tried to search on the beta Synthdawg manual ? I don’t have the time now but you can find it here, it’s much more clear than the original one : T-1 Beta Changelog - Torso Electronics

1 Like

Yes I have it. And never thought of it.
Going to have a look at it.

@Zelio
This is a screen capture of the beta5 synthdawg manual. And it seems to confirm what you were saying esrlier.

2 Likes

Anyone know of (or made any) good cheat sheets in overlay form for the T-1? Or evevn something with more readable labels? (i’m looking at you grey on black)

1 Like

I’ve played about 10 live shows with mine now… after spending several rehearsals with it, it becomes really intuitive. Granted, this is “true for me” and mileage may vary.

3 Likes

2.0 firmware is out!!

14 Likes

That looks like a huge update.
Cycles are now very editable :slight_smile:
Will install later and have a play with it.

I know nothing about this machine. Are there just 16 step patterns to chain or do they go up to 64 or 128 ? Song mode or at least pattern chaining? I like the Oxi and the Hapax and usually try every sequencer but never this one…it looks nice and small and portable.

Thanks.

You kind of have to think of it another way.

With 2.0, the base sequencer can have 64 steps… but then you can have 16 cycles of 64 steps for 1024 steps.

You can pattern chain, but there’s no “song mode” however, the cycles I describe sort of sets up something like song mode.

Additionally, it’s an algorithmic sequencer. On the surface, you can quickly dial in euclidean patterns. However, there are a lot of permutations available. It’s very much a performance-oriented device.

5 Likes

Cycles are now looping while being edited !
Cool!! don’t have to wait 10 bars anymore hear the result of a knob twist :smile:

This is something that can drive me nuts in the elektron sequencer

4 Likes

Have not yet installed the update.
Cycles are looping. Is there a way to have them NOT looping?

I just read the changelog, did not try.
Seems that a cycle or a selection of cycles will loop only while in “edit mode”
Don’t know how this will integrate in the global workflow though

1 Like

Going to install tonight and will have a look.
Per step/pulse editing is also a massive update.

So do I ship my Torso to you? :stuck_out_tongue:

I was like looking for overlays so I could write on it too