Torso T1 Algorithmic Sequencer

@vasidudu and others - thanks! I’ve read that new manual, especially the random section, multiple times but I do, unfortunately, find it to be a bit vague. It also seems that there are functions not outlined in that section (Torso mentioned you can reset the random sequence in the Steps menu, for instance).

It’s holding the T-1 back a bit, IMHO. But of course the great news is that the functions exist, in the first place!

I’ll need to do a deep dive and see what I can grok just playing with it. Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Take your time.
This is an unconventional sequencer.

2 Likes

My torso has frozen once or twice while trying to edit cycles in the new update. Loving the new update otherwise!

Haven’t gotten slew random to work either despite following the instructions…

Can one manually enter note/pitch data per step to trigger a monosynth, just like on a regular sequencer?

:thinking:

EDIT: Entering note/pitch data per step on a single lane that is.

Yes. But you need to select the step for Parameter Lock (CTRL + select), enter the PITCH menu, choose the pitch… move on to the next step, so it’s a little more complicated than with your average sequencer.

EDIT: Actually you don’t need to enter the PITCH menu for monophonic lines. You can just turn the PITCH knob to change the pitch by ear. It would be helpful if one could loop just a single step/note in this situation.

2 Likes

I was wond[quote=“Rokoko, post:842, topic:115770”]
Just to counterbalance the clickless-love I really like having detents when adjusting time division of repeat/pulses etc. but I guess that visual feedback of the pads is as sufficient. The downside to detents is that it makes the knobs slightly clunky for controlling midi CC
[/quote]

I had the clicky one, sold it, and now with the update thinking about buying one again.
doubting which one to choose, I agree with the above that having those clicks was actually handy I think, you ‘feel’ how many steps you are moving that way!

Just intuitively, I would never want the clickless… Just way too handy to have the detents.

3 Likes

exactly. they are marketing it as limited edition/special edition, but I don’t see the benefit. I saw someone above mention that they feel like the elektron knobs, I must say I very much preferred the non-clickless T-1 knobs when I had one.

1 Like

That was me :slight_smile:
As far as I am concerned, the clickkess version does not bother. And yes they do feel as Elektron ones. Not to the (rubbery) touch but in terms of responsiveness.
In any case both click and clickless versions are made of the same components so no worries in terms of durability.

1 Like

Ooramusic is doing a live YT tomorrow on the 2.0 FW update at 7pm European time.

6 Likes

that oora guy already cost me way too much money :wink:

5 Likes

Hahaha!!! :slight_smile:

@micabeza

5 Likes

Looks fantastic :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Also helps a lot identifying the various sections:
Grey for Euclidean
Black for everything Tonal
Blue for Groove