Torso T1 Algorithmic Sequencer

Ty!

@Tchu
That update is a game changer indeed.
Per cycle / per step edit as well as CC and MIDI fx are welcome.
Very intuitive unit without (another) screen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It didn’t occur to me until this video that CC tracks are ON TOP of note tracks, and not a case of using one or the other. That’s wild to me.

3 Likes

This update (and Oora’s video) has completely revitalized my interest in the T-1. It may end up being my next bigger purchase.

2 Likes

Loving this and the update. It’s one of my favorite sequencers. I do wish it had an arp mode and that I could just play in some of the notes live.

another side benefit of my torso…it basically doubled the street value of my ‘usually collecting dust’ NDLR

Had (and sold) a NDLR. Used to like it a lot.
The T-1, to me, is a total different experience and workflow.

Jesus, these have doubled in price since I sold mine. I never got along with it as well as I wanted to. Something about the interface just didn’t work for me.

ii still use mine for the drone/pad/progression thing, but its sure is tedious. theres no feeling out your groove on it.

It kind of does now. If you use an FX track, and turn on repeats for long enough, you can finger a chord in the pitch section like a keyboard

3 Likes

Manual p.178:
“8.12 FX Track as a MIDI Keyboard:
The pitch menu becomes a MIDI keyboard from within FX tracks allowing live play of any connected instrument or device. Incoming MDI chords and notes received will also show ORANGE in the Pitch menu.”

Edit: where insanity comes in.
" 8.13 Routing Between Tracks:
MIDI data can be routed out of one track and into another. This allows advanced MIDI configurations maximising the features of each track. This is useful to also create alternate settings available for selection or accessed by muting / unmuting. Muted tracks will not transmit data to a destination. Both source and destination track notes are combined to the output."

4 Likes

Here they show a nice way to make arps…
https://m.facebook.com/torsoelectronics/videos/t-1-is-an-arpeggiator-on-steroids-add-repeating-notes-to-your-rhythm-in-a-random/167480974467324/

This peace of gear is absolutely fantastic. Maybe my next big buy.

1 Like

Wow I read that and didn’t understand it. Thanks for sharing! Gonna try it when I get home!

1 Like

thanks for this

I find it pretty infuriating that so many companies spread out their marketing/tutorials/tips/etc to lots of different social media platforms.
This video can only be found on FaceBook (AFAIK) - and there are likely others only available on Instagram or TikTok or whatever new thing come along.
If you make a product like this put ALL of this stuff on your damn website (linked to where ever) so that people can see it!
I don’t use Facebook much, never use instagram or tiktok so I’m sure that I’m missing lots of useful supporting material.

/rant

10 Likes

I agree with you in a way but there has been so many features added with the latest FW update that it would result in a lot of work to compile videos on “how to” on every subject.
So much that Synthdawg wrote a complete new user manual containing every single function described with a step by step example.
The old manual was about 70 pages.
The new one is more than 220 pages…

On a totally different subject, the “temp+pattern” function is food for my OT :slight_smile:

4 Likes

In terms of live looping into the ot or using the midi out to control Ot samples?

This

I actually do not control samples on OT from T1. I have a handful with DT as is samplewise :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually came here to call this out. I’ve had the T1 for a while and have never been able to use it in a production because I bounced off the old manual so hard. It was never clear to me what the device was supposed to be doing or the intentions behind it. This made it essentially a random note generator for me — fun but not my thing.

I was elated to see a completely new guide for 2.0; and written by @iceritchie no less (I consider his OT, DT, DN, and A4 books must-reads). I’m only a few chapters in, but I already have such a better grasp on the T1 as a concept. Even just having an “example workflow” right up front was a gamechanger for me.

So thanks T|SO for the great feature updates, but also for caring about your written materials enough to update them as well. And thanks Snythdawg for the work.

And for the rest of y’all, if you’ve ever been unsure just what the T1 is, you now have an indispensable resource that will tell you exactly that! :tada:

14 Likes

:pray:

8 Likes

So @iceritchie is Synthdawg?
Well thank you @iceritchie for a very comprehensive manual :pray:

4 Likes