Twisted Electrons Blastbeats

Thank you Omar! Yes, I’m going to crank the output to 10 and try to reproduce again the behaviour of the second point. The good thing is that he provides the old firmware updates and it’s very very easy to go backwards

1 Like

The problem of the first point is that I would like to always leave Blast beats connected to my soundcard but every time I turn it off the hum starts and I have to lower the gain.

[image]

1 Like

Well, now Im starting to see why this machine costs 584 EUR. His workflow is difficult but OMG if you like FM sounds and more this is an instant classic. Very happy with it. Let’s keep alive this thread…

2 Likes

Post your snippets ! Make me GAS :crazy_face:

1 Like

It’s great for jamming but I’ve spent little time with it. I will put some audio. If you want something different and you like FM it would be a great addition to your setup.

1 Like

Does anyone know of any demos of how clean the Blast Beats can sound? Especially the synth tracks.

I know that’s not really the point, but I’m curious how crisp it can sound compared to the MegaFM.

I have the MegaFM and I think that BB is more crisp if you are asking about the noise. MegaFM is noisy, but for me BB isn’t.

1 Like

This machine is a masterpiece for glitchy IDM style jams

1 Like

Yes, for jams is awesome

1 Like

A FW update is on the way :slight_smile:

(just bug fixes, as far as I know)

Welp looks like I just bricked my unit trying to update it on Mac OS Ventura:(

Hoping I can figure out how to get it working again. I got the message
“The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code 100093).”

Ugh, I should’ve just left it alone!

EDIT: Updating to Ventura 13.1 from 13.0 solved it!

1 Like

You need to copy the file using the terminal app rather than Finder. You’ll have to run a command something like:

rsync ~/path/to/firmware /Volumes/UPLOAD_DISK/

Be sure to edit the command to reflect the actual location of the firmware file.

EDIT: Updating to Ventura 13.1 from 13.0 solved it!

Aaaand here it is:
BlastBeats_2.5.zip (1.4 MB)

1 Like

Unless I’m doing something wrong, parameter lock in non real time is really hard to use. You can’t hear what’s happening while you do it, and then it affects the next step unless you change that step too? Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

Yeah, this parameter locking doesn’t work in the same way as on Elektron machines: as you pointed out, locked values affect the subsequent steps so you need to reset the next step to the previous value - which can be tedious - if you want Elektron style P-locking.

Yep, not ideal. I think Alex wrote at some point that the BB just didn’t have enough processing power available to implement genuine Elektron P-locking, so we shouldn’t hold our breath on that.

However, the new ability to copy-paste steps with their locked values makes things a little bit easier - among other really welcome recent additions (pattern and step transpose are a big game changer for me).

That’s a machine we have to make do with, I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for that! I went from 2.5 back to 2.0. I can’t be sure, but 2.5 felt a little buggy to me? Curious to hear anyone else’s thoughts.

1 Like

Oh bummer. I haven’t really tried it out yet, but my main problems seemed to be solved. I will give it a further go!

1 Like

played few hours yesterday with 2.5 and i find it’s more solid cloníng kits and pattern/playing back :space_invader:and forward, they are coming back with same parameters, but sometimes few unexpected volume and decay parameters are transfered to kits/patterns from other kits/pattern a little bit. yesterday it was the snare/cymbal decay and volume. randomly added tricks are gone :slight_smile: . i think few updates more and all is live suitable :metal:

1 Like

Indeed!

I think there is work in progress. I reported a couple of other issues myself.

Maybe you could report the problems you come across to Twisted Electrons? Although he is quite busy, Alex usually replies.

1 Like