Twisted Electrons MEGAfm

9 Likes

The envelope parameters are not smooth on that generation of YM chips, so it isnā€™t twisted electrons fault in case anyone was wondering. They donā€™t behave linearly and have sweet spots, but I donā€™t know why or any technical details. Iā€™m still on the fence with this, looks awesome just wish they could have done a bitimbral mode, especially with the two audio outs. I like the demos so far though.

3 Likes

Edit:
Got now an email - it is shipping to me :smiley:
happyyyyy

3 Likes

Oh man!! I wish I didnā€™t know about this thing. Itā€™s like a dream come true.

Is there gonna be anything weird about me ordering one to the states, like power concerns?

The wait continuesā€¦ :diddly:

i had an Acid8 MKI and it was not the sturdiest build. Something was wrong with its brain so TE sent me a MKII for no cost. The build quality has definitely improved and I recommend them!

4 Likes

got the megafm todayā€¦ thing is crazy. sounds huuuge and very unpredictable - super inspiring to play with. build feels very solid and sturdy to me.

5 Likes

Really glad to hear this. Iā€™m looking so much forward to receive mine but itā€™s delayedā€¦

Naw. they send you the right wall-wart.

Did anyone test the MPE mode of the Megafm and is willing to provide feedback ?

Check the video I posted earlier

2 Likes

Thanks! This thing sounds awesome :smiley:

1 Like

First steps with thatā€¦ WILD FM synth!!! That thing is growling; crazy :crazy_face:

10 Likes

Man, and here I thought my preen would be my one and only, sorry babe.

2 Likes

A long sound design demo from Morning Strategy. Lots of lovely MEGAfm textures.
Oh when will it arriveā€¦

5 Likes

R1.4 June 16th 2020
-Voice Mode changes to wide6 when arp is turned on
-Default preset is set to wide6
-Fixed factory bass presets 10-19. Some had issues in 1.3.
(Hold reset at startup to reload factory presets)

^
|
Anyone know whether ā€œreload factory presetsā€ only refers to the non-user presets or does it wipe them all?

I suppose Iā€™ll find out :wink:

1 Like

Droolā€¦

1 Like

I have finally received the MEGAfm today. I was happy to try it this morning and love itā€™s sound.

However after updating to the new OS 1.4 I am experiencing some problems.
Audio is only in one of the sides both when using the outputs and the headphone.
Also the voicing button is stuck and pressing it does not switch it at all. I did install the OS R1.4 again but the problem remains.

Did you experience this @thermionic?

3 Likes

Shoot, sorry to hear it. Hope it gets sorted ASAP!

This thing is still on my radar. Absolutely love the sound

Iā€™ll check it out tomorrow! Iā€™ve been busy and only got the time to run the update so far.