Twisted Electrons MEGAfm

Most noticeable is the lack of proper low end in this video IMO. The official demos seemed warmer in sound. Hope I’m wrong about this.

15 Likes

Sounds fantastic and really intriguing! Your video?

No, I’m waiting for my unit. I just thought it would make sense to post it here.
I guess shipping started, it’s one of the first vids.

Feelin’ these newer demos. Maybe this has been answered already, but what are the dimensions?

1 Like

this really sounds sick. gonna have to pick up plogue chipsynth MD to scratch the itch.

1 Like

Sounds even better than previous demos. Will have to sell everything and get one

Does anyone know the dimensions of the unit in cm?

Legitimately one of the best poly synths i have ever heard in my life. Period

1 Like

sounds great. very different from the very clean sounding digitone

Doesn’t twisted electrons have a reputation of bad build quality? Anyone know if they have improved on their later releases?

1 Like

The brushed alu and knobs are looking solid to me.
I hope they are, because I ordered.

They are out there but can’t find them now… pretty sure approx 30cm wide

1 Like

Yeah it sounds crunchy, deep and raw - so much character! In that pad video it sounds like an old analog synth at times. Perfect for BOC style electronica and IDM.

I have just ordered from Thomann today :smiley:
It will be available on the 25th.

2 Likes

Found on Facebook - it’s someone quoting an email they got from TE:

Mega FM dimensions are 30cm x13cm x4cm(from base to tip of knob)

2 Likes

Thank you!
Almost the size of OT. Bigger than I thought!

I just got my unit last week. At first, I was kind of underwhelmed as I flipped through all the presets. The envelopes (especially the release) didn’t behave how I expected.

I started getting a feel for the controls though, and have found that I really love the sounds this makes in unison mode. With 12 voices, I thought that I’d for sure be mostly using it for poly duties, but I cannot get enough of the bass and lead sounds I’m making. I’m totally obsessed with this thing now. I was on the fence, and had thoughts of selling it mostly because of how weird the envelopes felt. I’m super glad I explored it a bit more instead.

20 Likes

Ah! That’s my experience as well. I was underwhelmed with the general presets when playing along with my Cycles, but i’ll stick with it and start programming my own.

Edit: And i say that not as a slight, I know this is a very small operation and i’m just being lazy about getting down to FM programming :wink:

1 Like

It’s not super big.

11 Likes

Oh my! Look at that!
I can’t wait, haha!
Lovely!