Twisted Electrons MEGAfm

From how I understood it, it seems like modulation might work like the PRO12 where you can map an LFO to any knob/fader, possibly by ‘arming’ the LFO and then moving the knob you wish to modulate. I may have also misunderstood this but that’s how I interpreted it.

Either way, it should be an insane amount of fun.

I was concerned it might have been a limited run product due to using the old Yamaha chips but that doesn’t seem to be a problem either.

1 Like

I think that’s how lfos are implemented on other Twisted Electron synths, like the Therapsid MKII.

First you either move lfo depth or rate, then briefly touch a knob that’s parameter you want to modulate and press the chain button to link the lfo to that parameter.
Multiple parameters can be assigned to an lfo.

The MEGAfm also has those chain buttons, so it’s probaply similar.

6 Likes

thanks for the explanations Bamshoot and Schnork, it started making some sense to me. i’ve never had a synth that worked quite like that so it’s a little out of what i’m used to.

mentioning that it’s similar to other Twisted Electron synths i checked the video for another recent one of theirs the Therapkid and i’m guessing this is the same thing. about 2:30 minutes into this video in case anyone else is unsure: https://youtu.be/QR2hT7i8UMU

Manual is up:

9 Likes

Ohhhhh

Short read! A work in progress (16 pages) but cool voice modes so far.

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Looks like they expanded the preset memory to 100, not sure if that has been noticed already but the manual says it ships with 100 presets.

6 Likes

Juicy upgrade! Weird that it wouldn’t be a full size bank though, 127 or whatever.

1 Like

I think it’s limited because of the 2 digit display i.e. 00 to 99

just pre-ordered, has there been any news or new info released?

The only new thing I’ve noticed is it’s now 600 presets and there’s a draft manual on the site. Haven’t heard any more about the discussed multi-timbrality possibilities.

1 Like

I wish these boxes were robust like the MKI series. They Chinad out with the MKII and MKIII’s

Seems that they’ve got more time to work on it at least since it won’t come until at least after the 2nd week of April.

i had an Acid8 mkI and through an ordeal ended up with a mkII. the mkII was way nicer than the OG build.

1 Like

New manual update…

4 Likes

Twisted Electrons also added a bunch of images to the product page… it looks so gorgeous! Really starting to feel the itch now… Just sharing a couple for fun

16 Likes

Very attractive looking box.
Imagine this being a classic, the randomiser will be interesting, hope to see a vid of that function.

1 Like
5 Likes

There are some really nice sounds in that video and it does look super hands-on and tweakable… not that I’m needing anymore temptation just now. But still…

1 Like

Looking good. Also like the subtle nod to DX-7 teal in the above photos. :cool:

Anyone get one of these yet ? All the demos so far have wimpy synthesis xD I wanna see all them channels modulated ! Can’t wait to grab one of these :alien:

2 Likes