UDO Audio Super 6 Binaural Synth

will have to get back to you

A great demonstration from Cuckoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McMKF9ayzns

3 Likes

really nice run through here

I wonder if there will be time when these are somewhat consistently available. Beyond the odd used or new one every few weeks or so.

1 Like

I just bought one from KMR Audio.
I think it might be my favourite synthesizer already.

2 Likes

Just ordered one from thomann and it arrived today with a euro power supply. Can I just use an American one no problem? It looks like the same power plug that the pro 3 or polybrute uses.

1 Like

Check the voltage and polarity first! Make sure they match. It’s too nice of a synth to take a chance! It’s next on my list; even have a spot saved for it :wink:

Edit: upload a picture of the power adapter you received and make sure to include the label (if you need help)

2 Likes

Thank you! I ended up using the pro 3 plug and it turned on and worked fine! I’m assuming that means it’s ok? I hope I didn’t just get temporarily lucky…

The super 6 plug says 10a 250 volts. It doesn’t say on the pro 3 plug what it is but in the manual it says 100-240v?

I wish I weren’t so clueless about this part of things…

Thats the AC input. What you’re looking for is the DC output that the brick or wall wart provides. It’s usually something like 9V or 12V (or something else) DC and then there is polarity icon showing a - or a + going to the center pin.

Obviously the polarity is correct but you still want to make sure the DC voltage is correct even if it’s working right now. Too low or too high could still damage it (even though it’s working right now).

1 Like

I don’t think there’s any brick or anything. They both just look like this (first one is the pro 3)

1 Like

Oh haha! Yeah you’re good to go. I thought it was an external power supply. If it’s internal then just using the right plug will do the trick! :slight_smile:

Thats a common type of cable.

2 Likes

Thank you so much man, you’ve been really helpful to random questions of mine the past couple of months. It’s very appreciated!!

1 Like

Happy to help when I can :wink:

4 Likes

@ddiamond84 let us know how this synth goes. It sounds really interesting. Did you go with the blue model or the black model ?

Chiming in here.

I have a black model which I’ve heard sounds much better than blue :wink:

1 Like

i heard that thing sucks man! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the black resembling the 80s black we grew up with on Roland / Ensoniq keyboards?

It’s more of like a charcoal grey with the lighter grey as seen on the DDS functions and envelopes. It is super classy looking and is built like a tank. Knobs take a little but of “umph” to turn with the fingertips. Sliders have the right amount of resistance to them.

And don’t listen to relapse808. He has a beautiful Quantum that just sits around like a museum piece. No love for it :pensive:

1 Like

To be totally honest the first time I saw a Super 6 it was in the grey and my gut reaction was it looked very dull / drab compared to the other synths around it. Consequently I got the blue and I love it. Like a boat, a synth has to look half decent :wink:

2 Likes

I do like the blue but I’ve embraced the neglected grey. I was initially apprehensive about the color but it has grown on me and I like it.

Not only that…it sounds better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes