UDO Audio Super 6 Binaural Synth

hah! well maybe that’s the difference and it’ll help @Tchu out. :crossed_fingers:

I don’t even have this synth, but I’ve experienced/avoided similar (minor) issues with others, that seemed unique to me, because I power them on/off at the outlet strip, like you.

2 Likes

@Airyck, @chiasticon, thank you.

I have my Super 6 plugged into a Furman Power Conditioner. When I don’t get any sound, I use the power switch from the S6 to power cycle. If I understand correctly, you are suggesting to use the power switch from the Furman?

I’ve got my S6 powered from a central switch and leave it on. I have not had this particular problem. So maybe it is the power on routine from the switch?

EDIT: forgot to mention I have the desktop.

2 Likes

Yes :+1:t2:

Edit:

And leave the power switch on the Super 6 in the on position. That way the capacitors in the Super 6 will slowly drain their power.

Hopefully next time you turn it on it will be fully reset.

2 Likes

Seems to never happen with the grey version :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have the gray version.

Awesome sounds! You almost sold me one with that video…

If only they made a black desktop, I’d be all over it. Don’t really like the white color scheme and for the price it should at least look appealing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. If they had made a blue version of the desktop I would have got that, but got to say it looks amazing.

1 Like

No accounting for taste, but I like that my off white desktop shows no dust.

1 Like

Bummer.

I have yet to experience this.

1 Like

You could provide another data point.

Do you power on/off with a power strip or on the unit directly?

2 Likes

I power the unit on/off directly.

Maybe I will start turning the power off at the power strip now instead of the S6 to prevent issues down the road.

1 Like

My grey keys is plugged into a power strip but I always power on/off via the synth itself.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say one way is better than the other. It’s more that it could potentially help this specific problem.

Seems like the theory is n shaky ground since it’s all over the board here.

The best evidence will be if it helps reduce @Tchu’s issues.

2 Likes

So far so good. Didn’t want to report too early.

2 Likes

I’ve been enjoying mine but some things I am still figuring out. Am I right that pitch bend range is per patch and cannot be set globally?

Relatedly, is there a way to clear all modulation routings in manual mode? I feel like routings persist even between power cycling, and I like to build my patches from scratch (for now).

I suppose the solution to both is to make my own init preset?

Shift + Manual is the shortcut to an Init Patch.

2 Likes

Some devices have shutdown routines they perform when switched off at the device, but get bypassed if the power is cut farther up the line.

I´ve been watching all the videos, reading all the reviews and comments I could find, joining the Udo forum and super 6 FB groupe, stalking a desktop online at Schneidersladen for some time and tonight after putting the kids to sleep I put an order down…

Time to sell some stuff!

5 Likes

Features aside, for as many years as I’ve pined over synths, though the OB-6 is my dream, in reality I would buy the desktop Super 6 on looks alone, but I know it’s oh, so boss too. I love how it looks, perfect name for the juicy retro look it has, just coat it in some cigarette smoke and it’s on.

2 Likes