UDO Audio Super Gemini

UDO just announced the Super Gemini which will shown at Superbooth Berlin. Looking forward to learning more about it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsBQC_Xtdm1/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ%3D%3D

7 Likes

I wonder if this Supersedes the Super 6.
Looks like a pretty direct upgrade to me!

20 voice dual layer with polyphonic aftertouch.

9 Likes

Looks awesome! Probably won’t be able to afford it but maybe this will push some Super 6’s to the second hand market. Haven’t seen many so far.

Any idea on the price for the Super Gemini?

5 Likes

Press release here.
Some updated colourways also coming to the Super 6.

12 Likes

Alright, so availability and price TBA. We’ll probably know more in a couple of days then. :slightly_smiling_face:

I feel like they could’ve made it a bit deeper.

10 Likes

Ufff this will cost a fortune

10 Likes

What a monster! PolyAT was the big thing I always felt was missing from the original’s keybed, and the touch strip is wonderful icing on the cake.

Also selfishly pleased this seems to be twin Super 6s in a similar way to the Summit being two Peaks. Hopefully that secures updates for my S6 desktop for a while.

Though I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t madly jealous of that new blue color for the desktop!

8 Likes

wymm

1 Like

Amazing specs. I wish it came it blue. Fortunately, I can’t afford it so there’s no dilemma.

3 Likes

Hoping for an Oled display. But wow this does look amazing. I hope to meet up with him(George) in Berlin

1 Like

does it have a display at all? and isn’t that part of the beauty of the Super 6, that it goes back to one-knob-per-function and older synth designs of no displays?

1 Like

Ok, I’m in trouble!

8 Likes

I dont think it will. But just a small display like the Deckards Dream to show the Patch no would be cool

Time to sell all your gear yes? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The lack of screen is a plus point, for me. Small OLEDs with small print are absolutely the worst kinds of screens, IMO. I had to send back my MicroFreak and sold my M:C because the screens were unusable. If it’s gonna be small, then 7-segment LEDs are the better solution. OLEDs and LCDs smaller than Digi/mkII screen are a no-go.

It’s good to know Deckard’s has a screen. I don’t need to save up for it now :wink:

2 Likes

I kinda expected the next UDO product to be something smaller, like a Super 3 or Super mini.

But that they’ve recommitted to a huge, hands on, fader based interface with no screens… and dual layers… and poly aftertouch…

Be still my beating heart :heart:

6 Likes

I’m drip-feeding a savings pot for “an epic poly”. Super 6 and Prophet 5 have been jostling for my focus. I think the decision’s been made (assuming it sounds similar to the S6) :wink: I’m years away from having enough, tho’.

1 Like

The rich sound and exceptional build quality of the Super 6, combined with the excellent dev support, makes the steep price tag worth it. I’m expecting the Gemini to tick all the same boxes and more.

What are we saying, around £2999? Maybe £3499? It’s a lot of voices for an analog synth

4 Likes