UDO Audio Super Gemini

in the meantime, you could try a Take-5
:wink:

Adopting a true-stereo Binaural signal path with dual FPGAs and twin effects processors, Gemini will take you on an adventure of spectral dynamics, of glittering frequency and shattering subharmonics, of comfort and discord, expectations and surprises.

hopefully its a little more than just dual-S6 engines. sounds like it will be

2 Likes

I could, but Iā€™ll be throwing it out the window within a few minutes due to the screen. I sold on a Rev2 because I struggled with its screen (amongst several other issues). Should have included that in my gripes list further up. Sequential make great sounds but dreadful screens + graphic UIs.

The super 6 is in no way a one knob per function synth. That, coupled with a lack of a screen always made me feel lost when I was using it. Every update just made it worse because (unlike a screen) the panel canā€™t ever show anything new. Even though I loved it (look at my avatar lol) I ended up selling it. With dual layers I think it is going to be twice as bad. Remembering everything that is going on in two layers with no visual feedback or way to reverse engineer a patch? No thanks. It really needs a screen or it is going to be horrible to use. The romantic notion of a synth with no screen is not practical here. How many unlabeled button combos for menu settings does someone want to remember?

7 Likes

Itā€™s not ā€œromanticā€ thoā€™; itā€™s an accessibility issue. If a screen/UI is done badly itā€™s better not to have one at all. Some of us have shitty eyesight. The M:C screens have Elektronā€™s strong UI design but they were too small to read. The MicroFreak and the Rev2 screens have terrible graphic UI (bad fonts, bad layouts, bad use of the limited space).

I hear what youā€™re saying about the complexity of the instrument. Maybe it does need a screen. But if it needs a screen, it deserves a freaking good one not a screen that exhibits ā€œthis isnā€™t our area of expertise so weā€™ll just do it half-arsed rather than properlyā€.

2 Likes

I love the description!

5 Likes

I also donā€™t understand why a display wasnā€™t simply installed here. almost everything is digital anyway.

2 Likes

yeah sorry to be off-topic, butit is tough to reverse-engineer a patch and figure out what youā€™ve done in the past without the ability to see all values clearly. although the top screen is very helpful at displaying the mod matrix clearly. i think its comparable to/better than something like a Peak but nothing like a hydra/elektron style thing i guess

me too. I was just telling my friend, ā€œthis guy really knows how to do a GAS-inducing write-upā€

1 Like

It will be hard to resist.

1 Like

I do hope they end up making a desktop though, because poly AT is nice, but I want to use it with mpe and my linnstrument and donā€™t have any desire for a huge keyboard. But man, two layers will sound insane, canā€™t wait for a demo!

2 Likes

I canā€™t wait for the first video from George playing it!

2 Likes

It was said by George how much of an influence the Jupiter 8 was for the Super 6. Now with the Orange buttons and what not it feels like this is going all the way and will be very very close to his dream,

Looks pretty awesome. I bet is sounds monstrous.

1 Like

prolly the latter. or even higher. Iā€™m guessing $5k USD which is almost Ā£4000. also itā€™s not fully analog; just the filters are. but yeah, Iā€™m sure FPGAā€™s arenā€™t cheap either.

ah, OK. I thought it was there, or quite close to it. and that lack of a screen and extra layers of complexity was part of the design focus.

I hear you. I was just complaining in the Prophet 5 thread the other day that I donā€™t use the new firmware features, because I donā€™t want to be forced into having the release notes or a cheat sheet nearby to remember how the hell to access and edit them. BUT the core synth design is plenty for me and I can use it 100% without messing with these features. is the Super 6 not like this?

1 Like

Is that space on the top left for your phone? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously though, looks like a beast.

5 Likes

Missed opportunity for the fabled cup holder.

8 Likes

They just photoshopped out the screen that is going to be there I am hoping :-P.

1 Like

On Juno alreadyā€¦

4 Likes

Not a bad price when you consider other boutique synth prices (black corp I am looking at you!), and even stuff from from bigger manufacturers like sequential. I mean a few hundred bucks more than a prophet 6, this is a no brainer.

4 Likes

dear lord, this is so nice. first thing from superbooth to make my knees weak so far. gonna really have to deliver sound wise if its in the same $ ballpark as the 3rd wave, prophet 10, etc

ah itā€™s around $3800? letā€™s hear some sounds :relieved:

1 Like

5000 CAN$, Iā€™m possibly in. I thought it would be more expensive.

1 Like