UDO Audio Super Gemini

The Juno link says $3,784 USD for me, so same ballpark as a prophet 6.

1 Like

wow, have prophet 6 prices gone way up? i got mine used for $2300 a few years ago

The prophet 6 is $3499 now, so yes, totally not worth it anymore considering all your other options nowadays.

1 Like

Instant Ambient Machine.

prophet 6 has that thing though, it sounds great and is easy to program.

1 Like

:rofl:

agreed, but not at that price imo. back on topic… definitely could be a good chance to scoop up a super 6 used for a good $. a udo eurorack voice module similar to black corp. offerings would be sweet too

I also thought it would be more expensive. Dangerous price point.

1 Like

Respect! I could never have an avatar pic of a piece of gear that i sold. Too many sad memories. :frowning: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Found a not-very-useful video

1 Like

Are the sounds here from the new synth?

I wanted a Super 6, and couldn’t afford it.

Now I really want a Super Gemini and I really can’t afford it.

It looks absolutely gorgeous!

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat :cry:

If I sell every little musical thing I own…mostly modules and a few small synths, I will have enough for this…just barely…hmmmm…I dont make music, just like to jam.

2 Likes

Stick with your current setup then. What works will work. Speaking from my own experience.

2 Likes

I agree… so many times I have wanted to sell stuff for the latest and greatest… even tried before only to buy back what I had. Which coincidentally, one of my main synth’s is a p6…lol. Some stuff is hard to put a price on, I think the stuff Dave Smith designed is worth more then just is component cost on the market… they are special, that is why they cost more… it is not like any new ones will be made… they might say sequential, but we all know they will be different.

1 Like

I am hoping for a desktop version. My Super 6 Desktop is one of favorite synths.

3 Likes

Hear hear! If there’s a desktop version I hope they keep the touchtrip on it, my Kontrol only has a tiny little one that I don’t usually mess with.

1 Like

Would be nice if only George had first nailed down the firmware of the Super6. Existing Super6 owners like myself have the bitter feeling that we have been left on the side and carry on using a beta product for the past two three years.
In this context Super Gemini is a marketing don’t. Unless George has the faintest respect to his existing customers and releases a finished firmware for the S6 sooner than later

7 Likes

is it so bad?
gemini (to me) looks like something over the top , just for sake of it . But super 6 looks like perfectly balanced synth, and sounds great.

1 Like