UDO Audio Super Gemini

9 Likes

Itā€™s huge, excessive and wonderful and I want it.

4 Likes

That ribbon!!
You know someoneā€™s going to do the Blade Runner Intro as a demo very very soon :slight_smile:

In the 90s every Kurzweil K2500/2600 came with that exact same big ribbon. Back then it was as capable as today. Today, it is celebrated as innovation, back then as a gimmick despite the Kā€™s coming with a very capable synth engine.

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes

Oh wait, I didnā€™t look too closely on it when it was announced. Are the controls for everything really doubled so that you have hands on control of both layers at the same time? That would be fantastic. Seems overkill though, so I think Iā€˜m hallucinating?

1 Like

I think youā€™re right.

The clever little bastards.

1 Like

sounds pretty nice, too many knobs, too big but a really beautifully sounding synth :slight_smile:

Yes. At 1:50 in this video, George talks about it.

2 Likes

Stupid comment time: If money (and probably more importantly, space) were no object, I think this is the first synth Iā€™d buy. Looks fucking ace.

4 Likes

i think iā€™m less into this after hearing demos. the playing is stellar and it sounds great (love this guy georgeā€™s passion as well) , but nothing unique really sticks out to me about the sound compared to other synths in this price range

Iā€™d wait for some official sound demos ā€“ enthusiastic impromptu noodling vs hiring sound designers tasked to make it shine, will surely have differences.

1 Like

Hereā€™s more of that:

George did say a long time ago wavetable scanning was technically possible on Super 6.

George shows the blue desktop in more detailā€¦ looks amazing :slight_smile:

You have access directly to the Keyboard Modes with the press of a Button, nice!

Single, Dual or Split.

1 Like

Is that @mpiecora at the end of this video (white shirt with yellow sleeves)? If so, how did you like the Super Gemini?

Haha, where in the video do you think you saw me? No, I am in Seattle sadly.

1 Like

Here, press Play.