Update Analog Rytm MK2

Now I remember that Syntakt has those silly animations, maybe not having those is worth the extra cash for the Rytm :smile:
I really dislike the “gaming’ification” of music instruments, and the more things there are taking attention out of the sound the worst I find it for me.

Also, I forgot that MK2 doesn’t have audio level meter on the compressor, I have the mk1 instead.

It’s a great music machine anyway, I also much more prefer having smaller boxes on the table :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Those ‘toys’ are their flag ships lol. The analogs and OT are a decade old at this point

You don’t cry enough, let it out. :rofl:

4 Likes

Freudian slippage got me again… DOH!

1 Like

I just got my new black Rytm MK2 and it’s really super fun and most playable Elektron I’ve used so far. Finger drumming with some fun beats going and super easy workflow and chain song mode rocks. The stock kits sound amazing and can do entire shows and tweak on the fly. Outside of the Octatrack, it’s my favorite Elektron right now.

3 Likes

so, and again, ARMK2 is waiting…
i am shure they will give us something new…

lets cheer on the the developers!

best,
OX

3 Likes

ok I’m going to say it, a second LFO would be awesome, but these machines should have 4 LFOs minimum. all of them!

12 Likes

lets see what the future will bring

only pain and disappointment.

3 Likes

I’m just here for the Rytm updates…

4 Likes

Thats the energy we need! I’m hopeful that the machine updates would come to the box but I have to agree with blush…more lfo’s!

At the end of the day I do not envy their product owners. All of us out here yammering for what we want :grin:

Yep and for a device that relies so heavily on its pads, its probably my most coveted feature request. Even over that second LFO.

Dream with me for but a moment. A Pad Plock Mode.

Like an alternate to chromatic or mute mode. In Pad Plock mode you select a given track and you can apply various Plocks per pad. When you play (or sequence) the pad, you are also using said Plocks.

This is slicing. This is a custom scale mode. This is 12-levels. This is fully playable drum kits on one track. All in one. Or whatever else you want it to be. This is the Analog Rytm Pads put front and center as an advanced user input to this great device.

(I’m still very happy with current state Rytm)

3 Likes

This pad lock mode is something I’ve send to elektron twice now… it would be way better than the new DT slice mode imho, because it would make a lot of things possible at once. Also, it would go very well with the AR’s ui and make good use of the pads.

Finetuning start/endpoints are still nr1 for me, with a digital band-width filter, second lfo and sample rate reduction following closely…

3 Likes

“Pad-Lock”

I love it.

I’ve mentioned it a bunch but never actually sent in a request. I think I will now. And yeah I agree. It would be a distinctly Rytm solution for seemingly not much work (I know I could be painfully wrong about this. But it feels like something we can already do with func yes, just more elegant.)

I can agree on those QOL wants. SRR would be spicy as fuhhh.

2 Likes

On the other hand, the animations provide visual feedback that can help more quickly associate the UI to a sound. The encoders on the RYTM require you to read text, which is a slower cognitive process. The graphics on the syntakt may be a bit silly, but they can help you more immediately connect with the instrument.

2 Likes

4 Likes

seriously, this digitakt upgrade needs to come to the rytm!

2 Likes

The MKII version has been enhanced with the Digitakt sample engine, right?

1 Like

Yes, except for the resolution on sample start/end, and there’s start/end instead of start/length.

Really hope they just port the dt updates to the AR, including the finer resolution.

3 Likes

it feels like a switch in terms of programming…
but yes, we will see

3 Likes

Considering Rytm MK2 is literally twice as expensive as a Digitakt here in Canada, I would be surprised and really disappointed if @Elektron didn’t.

I “upgraded” from a Digitakt to a Rytm about a year ago, and since have been watching the former run laps around the latter from a capability-growth standpoint. Despite loving the sound of samples through the analog engine, it’s not a great feeling considering I don’t use the synth engines as much.

The lack of finer sample resolution on the Rytm is one of the only reasons I’ve considered selling it. It feels like such an arbitrary limitation.

6 Likes