Venting : someone stole one of my sample pack to sell it as his own

Hi everyone, I got something on my mind…

I have been selling sample packs since few months and today I found out that someone stole my humble Model: Cycle pack to sell it as his own.

First he offered me to sell my products on his website and since the offer was stupid I refused, so he just bought my pack and rebranded it… Im pretty sure his website has nothing from his own.

I guess it’s part of that game (is it ?). Well, damn.

Oh ! He sells it for almost twice the price.

The original : https://invinicius.gumroad.com/l/yilhzu

d42a3623f457796f6bb84bedd4056ed6747119dd_2_468x500

593311bc7e105547c0647b33be2b6389e0e69df8

edit : ANYWAY GUYS, YOU KNOW WHO ARE GOOD GUYS ? YOU ARE FCKING GOOD GUYS.

And I can’t be glad enough to have found such nice ears to vent and complain to.

And you know who is an amazing guy too ? RED MEANS RECORDING

I sent him a mail to tell him that his vid was used on that dude shop and he answered in about an hour or so, he told me exactly what he would say to that dude and did exactly it.

The matter was resolved soon after.

This community rocks. :heartpulse:

16 Likes

Where is he selling it?

I have edited the original post, you can see it, it’s his own website cremasound. I probably cannot do much about it :man_shrugging:

Tbh, a good chunk of the samples from the pack are factory sounds.

The best : my products are on gumroad and he has a shop there too, he carefully didnt put his thievery there indeed…

Are you certain they used your sounds in their pack? If so did you contact them?

If they have used your sounds that is not something you should let slide.

2 Likes

Report him to gumroad. Maybe they close his account there at least.

He didn’t post his alleged theft to gumroad

2 Likes

Huh. Don’t they make synth stands? I’ve bought two of my stands from there.
I’d be bummed out if this is true.

Yes definitely, I think he doesnt do much himself except steal. He blocked me on facebook/messenger after he gave me an offer, I already knew there was a chance he would steal after he bought the pack for himself.

1 Like

Yeah, but he can still point them to to the thief’s website. Maybe they don’t want people like that in gumroad. It’s a longshot, I know.

2 Likes

I don’t understand. Do you mean that your Sound Pack contains some Elektron Factory Sounds?

2 Likes

I think it’s factory presets that he sampled.

2 Likes

Playing Devil’s advocate here but if he bought your samples then it seems that technically he has every right to do what he wants with them including sampling those samples and selling them as his own samples. Not trying to cause offense and I can understand why you are pissed off but sampling is such a grey area, it’s really to be expected.

2 Likes

Some. I’m not hiding it, I guess some people will say it’s shitty and that it’s karma for me. But there is nothing illegal, I’ve just tried to share with others.

Well I guess others are sharing for me now :rofl:

1 Like

@cremasound is on elektronauts

2 Likes

Yup, Im not going to lose hairs about him, but he probably did that many times. I just want to let the word out.

1 Like

NOW, THAT’S INTERESTING ! :rofl:

1 Like

Most sample packs include a license that says you can do whatever you want with the samples except include them in another sample pack

19 Likes

In many cases sample library licenses prohibit you from doing exactly that.

15 Likes

Its weird. Aren’t many sample packs for classic drum machines using factory sounds from those machines?

1 Like

He probably just uses it to promote or market his products. I doubt he actually browses the posts

1 Like