Venting : someone stole one of my sample pack to sell it as his own

I used the word “technically”… perhaps I should have used the word “morally”.

If you compare his gumroad shop and his own website you can see that his website has MANY products not offered on his gumroad. I suspect that they are those that he stole.

He put demos on Soundcloud and Im sure he stole the music too :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve never bought samples, I should have guessed.

2 Likes

I’ve been researching his site to investigate this and its suspect that he used a RMR video to demonstrate the MC :grinning:

(And not just because of my negative opinion of RMR :grinning:)

1 Like

I listened to parts of the soundcloud of “his” sample pack and I swear one of the demos was from the Elektron SC demo

1 Like

I can see how this may be annoying for you but there’s plenty of it about, I suspect that whilst there are plenty of reputable sample supply company’s out there who make a lot of effort to provide top notch content there are also a lot of copy cat ones who will take other people’s work and modify it slightly to pass it of as their own at rock bottom prices, I mean like someone else mentioned all you have to do is resample with a bit of extra processing and presto new sample that you can sell on without fear of reprisals afaik…

1 Like

Well, he sells that pack for almost double my price :rofl:

1 Like

I want to flag this comment, but I don’t know as what. It’s definitely “something else”.

8 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty shady admittedly, maybe you should put your prices up but still just below his…🤷

1 Like

It’s a grey area (the morality of it), sampling a bunch of sounds (some of which are presets) might not be very novel, but at least he put the effort in. And he’s not selling it for hundreds of dollars. Also, he’s not hiding the fact.

Once you have the sample pack, it’s hardly any effort to slap another picture on it, the other guy is not really re-sampling it. Just copying some files on a computer. And like the other poster said, sample packs usually come with a licence specifically prohibiting re-selling.

2 Likes

Meh, Im not selling much tbf I dont think that would help :rofl:, and he avoided to put his products on gumroad so the channels are differents.

I guess it’s part and parcel with whatever I was trying to achieve.

Cremacafè is a reputable company in the synthssphere. Why would he conduct this type of business, tge filth will eventually spill over to Cremacafé. Really stupid and short sighted of him imo.

Also offering a 40% cut is shitty as hell.

7 Likes

The first thing you’ll do is to write to Gumroad, Bandcamp and Soundcloud and send them the links and tell them that this person stole your work/content.

5 Likes

Yes, i’m not gonna do like it was like climbing a mountain but it was a lot of hours to put that out for 5euros, bit gutted :rofl:

Though Im pretty sure he doesnt sell much himself.

2 Likes

Yes, but he will be notyfied when beeing mentioned, so he could at least comment on the issue.

“Sample tracks by Elektron - elektron.se”

1 Like

I did Gumroad, going for the others now. I dont have much hope but Im always for a bit of a fight and love drama too :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I didn’t see that.

I still don’t

Even if its there, thats still bizarre. If you’re selling a sample pack, you should demonstrate the pack not the established machine you’re sampling from

Edit: thanks to the response post I found what was referenced and still think its silly

1 Like

Digital Download Specifications

• N. 600+ one-shot samples
• 157 MB • WAV 44.1 kHz • 16 Bit • Mono
• Royalty Free
• Sample tracks by Elektron - elektron.se

Compatible with any sampler, sequencer, DAW that handles WAV files.

2 Likes

Send him a copy of what you sent to Gumroad. Even if they don’t do anything, maybe he’ll decide it’s not worth the risk and at least stop selling your sample pack.

3 Likes