Venting : someone stole one of my sample pack to sell it as his own

Really ??

Also offering a 40% cut is shitty as hell.

Stupid isn’t. And he is on every platforms… He sells a lot of samples from movies, can he do that ??? Seems like a lot of infringement.

1 Like

Oh and the best is that he is so greedy, he wouldnt provide some free samples…

Well, ok. I dont know how Im supposed to take that message.

9 Likes

Getting my popcorn ready for cremacafe response

7 Likes

I don’t see it that way at all. I’ve happily paid for samples straight off a few machines. If you’re doing the work, that’s valuable, and if you’re curating a kind of sound with the pack, that’s extremely valuable.

5 Likes

Thanks, the objective is to share, to create a small community or at least to participate in a humble way to some existing one. Making a few bucks is to justify the quite many hours I’m putting into my little shop.

I do a lot of original things too, like presets packs for Digitones and Syntakt.

1 Like

I suppose we’re free to take your music from Bandcamp and monetize how we please as our own original works?

7 Likes

There’s a difference between record companies (who often times exploit artists) and artists themselves, and so on, and so on …

9 Likes

I should probably add this stipulation to my packs. :rofl:

6 Likes

The delusional argument im not sure you’re aware that you’re making is that: marketing > artistry(or in this case effort)

To quote Bioshock “is man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?”

5 Likes

I don’t think you’d make much money from it. :rofl:

Yeah, I see a lot of people who have bought stands from them. I think both BoBeats and Loopop has mentioned the company on their videos

1 Like

they do skins right ?

I’d say, they skin.

8 Likes

Maybe, but anyone exploiting the grey area will be shown the door here. There has to be trust and goodwill.

If there’s fact to any of this then we will take a stand, for now a temporary restriction is in place

11 Likes

There’s a reason threads like this get locked before any conclusion is ever determined.

3 Likes

Sorry, I dont understand.

@2or3things total bummer bud, hope you get it sorted!

3 Likes

OMG, @avantronica got a new look, it suits you well! Didn’t notice it at first but when I read the comment, it was obvious.

9 Likes

Pro: it looks nice

Con: i feel uncomfortable with change

7 Likes