Venting : someone stole one of my sample pack to sell it as his own

given enough time everything turns to shit

You severely damaged the reputation of a previously reputable brand that allegedly stole your product for their own distribution.

Vs

One person that apparently doesn’t like you.

Don’t be melodramatic :grinning:

1 Like

Then if you blocked them, then what tf did it do?

Ps: I don’t think you can even block people on this forum

When did things take this turn? I don’t even understand the debate about stealing tbh.

1 Like

The ‘science’ was indeed lacking (absent/withdrawn), but, on balance, it seems reasonable to surmise that a handshake ‘boundary’ was crossed, somewhere, to some extent and that poor judgement was probably at play … the definition of the boundary is itself wooly and the implications of crossing (or having) boundaries has been debated

Quietly, we can only draw our own conclusions based on what little remains, it doesn’t scan especially well based on what remains imho, partly because so little was offered to counter it, but still we must resist taking leaps or throwing stones in public

If the op wants to keep the wound raw we can keep this topic open, but imho it should probably be closed given that it’s circumstantial at best and this apparent ‘indiscretion’ has been (sorta) attended to … they can talk in private here without moderation if there are loose ends … the rest of us should move on

16 Likes

I appreciate the sharing of this “inside scoop” from the person affected by it (ie direct source). I think the initial msg exchange offering 40% of the sales of something that OP created 100% of is more scandelous and informative than the whole sampling/resampling/repackaging saga that followed.

I’m glad I get an insight into the business dealings here, I for one have no interest in supporting businesses that exploit their sources of value in that way.

8 Likes

I was 100% like that. Then came the half-assed apology.

1 Like

I left to cut the grass and get blacked out weekend drunk, what did I miss?

8 Likes

2 hurls 1 chuck.

3 Likes

Cool, got a video? Wait… never mind!

1 Like

at your own risk

2 Likes

That’s awesome! I should sample the shit out of it and sell it!

1 Like

Just tossing in that I’ve heard of issues with this company before. I want to say within the last year or two, I’ve seen a handful of social media posts/YouTube videos trying to warn music creators/influencers about them. The only specific creator I can recall is Sarah The Illstrumentalist, and I can’t recall the exact issue, but I think it involved a messy exchange of content creation. I searched her channel, but she may have removed the video, I can’t find it.

5 Likes

Interesting. I’m sure there are a lot more dodgy stuff from CremaSound.

1 Like

It was crazy to see your post because I visited their site for the first time the other day, via a Google Ad after searching SP404 knobs. I put some knobs in my cart, it was like $60, and I said heck no. Next day I get an email from them, using my name, asking to complete my purchase… creepy (I assume they’re just utilizing Google seller tools). Then I recalled, hey isn’t that the company with the issues? So I google knobs again, found DJ Techtools and snagged them for $13.

4 Likes

Craziest ? Their pack of sounds coming from movies. I dont understand how they can sell that. But I know nothing about copyright infringement, so…

10 Likes

Yeah, not within my realm of knowledge. I just know that if I see repeated behavior, it’s enough to sway me from supporting it with my $.

1 Like

True dat.

1 Like

I concluded that every products that are on their own website BUT NOT on their shops on websites like Gumroad ARE STOLEN or VIOLATING COPYRIGHTS.