Venting : someone stole one of my sample pack to sell it as his own

I had some releases on mid tier labels (house, deep house) and never made something reasonable money wise as labels tend to take money for promotion etc. from your revenue even if you hit some chart positions on beatport you have to sell quite some tracks. With gumroad or bandcamp you get 70-100% if you sell on your own.

2 Likes

ftfy :ooh:

1 Like

No… :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

this is what im saying. although i’d go as far as to say, “if you’re not willing to learn to make your own sounds maybe producing music isnt for you”

its a weird cognitive dissonance im feeling because im so against sample packs in general but taking someone else’s content and re-selling it is somehow even more disgusting

maybe try re-selling sneakers or something equally unproductive that doesnt require creativity

@tubefund i dont know what that means. but yeah, i think its 100% sincere

1 Like

I think if you make 1 -2 packs a month and spend some time on marketing you can make some good money out of it. Even without marketing I made good 3 digit numbers in one month and it still sells quite good for my limited social media range and number of followers. If you can reach more people with your music you can always make more €$.
I have been making music for quite some time now and and it would be dumb not to make some cash with something that you love to do. Even if it is just to buy some euro rack modules or other equipment. Stealing others work for profit is a no go though.

7 Likes

That’s not how anything works.

6 Likes

Sample packs might soon be a thing of the past, with generative resynthesis plugins like emergent drums replacing them.

The basis of this thread: someone who repackages factory sounds is going after someone who does the same?

1 Like

“Soon” is a relative term.

1 Like

Agreed, although I predict by next spring we will be talking about models, not packs.

It’s so grossly reductive.

2 Likes

That’d be fun! The ML / “AI” hype train is way outmatching the plausible potential at the moment and i’m mostly experiencing disappointment and boredom, if not a little annoyance at the industry at the moment.

Truly bizarre.

4 Likes

I believe I blocked you some time ago for a good reason.
Let’s just leave it at that.

Apparently you didn’t since you’re commenting crudely on his thread

3 Likes

Nice.

not quite:

someone who repackages factory sounds

someone who bought a synth and invested time sampling it into a sample pack that included factory presets

is going after someone who does the same?

someone who didn’t buy the synth but allegedly took the sample pack, rebranded it and selling it for higher price

that’s at least how I see this.

8 Likes

I still see thread titles.

My point is that, if you went so far as to avoid the fella you’re doing a pretty lousy job at it

2 Likes

Possibly that’s how it was. Possibly not.

1 Like

yep, it was mentioned here that there’s no definitive proof so people need to use their judgment for future interactions with the accused seller.

1 Like

6 Likes