Venting : someone stole one of my sample pack to sell it as his own

You get people all riled up on a valid concern it’s hard to calm them down without painkillers or a subtitled arthouse film.

2 Likes

I think murder should be illegal

3 Likes

I argue for the same!

3 Likes

I ARGUE FOR IT MORE

(As evidenced by my caps locks)

3 Likes

I ARGUE FOR IT “THE MOST” AND BECAUSE MOST IS THE HIGHEST FORM OF WINNING I HAVE NOW WON.

this argument about what we are in agreement towards.

2 Likes

Well dang, you clearly are the victor

I guess in comparison, I must want murder to be legal

Shunnnn meeeee

2 Likes

I want to make more jokes but I need to leave this poor thread alone for the real complaints.

2 Likes

I’ve ran out of popcorn but has been an enjoyable read 7/10

8 Likes

well this left a really shitty taste in my mouth. anyways, be sure to spread the word. that’s the best thing you can do.

“SP-404 freaks” group on facebook is your best bet, which is objectively their biggest target audience. people need to hear about this. don’t do it just for yourself, do it for the people they’ll steal content from in the future.

1 Like

that https://cremasound.shop/ site makes me sad. my initial thought was that anyone who buys or sells things like this deserves to get ripped off/taken advantage of

just a scumbag no talent anti-art rip off culture of grifters

1 Like

Just a reminder, nothing has been definitively proven on account that no one can know.

We’ve memed on the response, but its not a matter of fact.

Make your decisions as you will based on the evidence available.

Theres no reason to be vitriolic. Its not good for the soul. Just make decisions based on your morality

10 Likes

unsolicited thoughts from a lasagna loving cat:

A lot of us are tech nerds/gearheads AND musicians. And it’s ok to lean into one of those spheres more than the other if you like it. The things they were doing with skins and stands etc you can tell come from a place of being a passionate gearhead. If the actual making of sounds etc is something you’re not as passionate about that’s ok. No need to try to be productive in that sphere as well if you’re already well known and successful for doing great gearhead stuff. If you love making sounds it’s not hard to make a great sample pack. If you have to resort to stealing maybe it’s not for you

4 Likes

That REALLY depends on your definition of “great”

My sounds are all pretty stupid. I have half a mind to steal some of @2or3things soundpacks if only that wouldn’t raise the stakes of my music

1 Like

True. I guess I should have said, it’s not hard to make an “original” sample pack

2 Likes

This.

I have come to a conclusion based on experience with the way people behave in this kind of situation. It’s not proof of anything either way, but I’m satisfied that things are on the right track.

I think today was a good day, not just for @2or3things’s sake, but also, regardless of the fact of the case at hand, @avantronica has shown us that Elektronauts is prepared to take an active position on this kind of thing. I’ve been a bit nervous about the preset pack(s) I am working on, because if someone rebranded them I would be completely gutted. I’d tilt. But the response we’ve seen today is encouraging.

Edit: derp.

3 Likes

That works! Thanks for the clarification :grinning:

2 Likes

FTFY :wink:

Somewhat of a bitter aftertaste perhaps, but probably best left at that …

3 Likes

I’ve seen a few responses that made me sad, sure.

But I find this thread to be more positive than negative. And I loved the venturing of into the ambiguous territory of ethics and the questioning of it.

From my perspective, it was a good day :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I find it helps if you ignore most of the thread and just focus on where things were vs where they are now.

4 Likes

@avantronica is a real champ.

4 Likes