Videos of musicians making or talking through their music

Alrighty, so I hear a lot around here how it’s a bit annoying scouring YouTube for any form of content that isn’t a thinly veiled sponsored video. So I went diving deeper (always dangerous) and found some pretty nice parts of the internet. Specifically, the genre of videos loosely called “artists talk about making music and showing you how they make it.” I guess maybe this is like the video form of the brilliant TapeNotes podcast.

A quick fav to kick off, Four Tet shows how he made 2 songs

Also the whole Against the Clock series where artists get a bar or so together in 12 mins.

Super interested if anyone else has any other classics in this genre to know about and check.

9 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/@ElectronicBeatsTV
This channel has quite a few “Ask The Producer” videos and a whole bunch of other interesting insight videos.

4 Likes

old(ish) school (and kinda brilliant) example

loads of others on youtube of this series)

5 Likes

Great one from Legowelt

I love his attitude.

7 Likes
1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/live/pTjA267IN8E?feature=share

Stupid, Clickbaity thumbnail but there are some interesting nuggets in here.

1 Like

I guess it’s maybe not exactly what was meant here but any excuse to post this:

12 Likes

Why the logo a T mobile rip off doe?

Pretty sure T Mobile funds some of it.
T Mobile is a German company and those videos are mostly formed in Germany.

I think it’s ran or sponsored by deutsche telekom

Lady Starlight

6 Likes

I thought T mobile was british? remember catherine zeta jones

I just looked at their logo, I’m guessing this is probably it or they are big fans of that particular formation of T’s and dots

This is correct.
" T-Mobile US, Inc. is an American wireless network operator headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas and Bellevue, Washington, U.S. Its largest shareholder is multinational telecommunications company Deutsche Telekom AG , which as of April 2023, holds a 53.3% majority stake in the company."

1 Like

I really liked this one. Simultaneously gave me GAS for old Akai rack units and made me never want to touch them.

5 Likes

As eery as the movie :+1:t2:

That was one of the videos I thought of but was too lazy to find it. Thanks for sharing it. The chord demonstration on the Poly made me really appreciate that it is also on the Hydra.

I bring Yan’s channel all the time, but he provides a lot of great insider information on his production techniques.

RRose was the first person that I learned about Psychoacostics from. Really pretty powerful technique, especially when combined with efx.

3 Likes
3 Likes

man :sleepy: still hear those strings come in at the end from the nicolas jaar mix. timeless

Technically no video, but electronic music has never been a specatator sport has it?

1 Like