Waldorf Iridium (16-voice, duo-timbral Quantum desktop)

I just looked on the Thomann US website and they have it listed at $2,079 and expect them to be in stock in 9-12 weeks :confused:

1 Like

So their price dropped $20 in six days. (Thomann six days ago.)

Three months is not so bad, if they can really do that.

2 Likes

Yeah, Thomannā€™s prices seem to fluctuate with the currency conversion rates. Their prices seem to update once or twice a week.

1 Like

Sounds good. I am digging the evolving bass line here.

Thats a nice price ā€”better to buy from Thomann_and get a 3 year warrentry

2 Likes

Anyone checked out the sequencer? ā€“ the Step Sequencer /Parameter sequencer?

The eagle has landed! I will upload a first video tonight, but it will take a long time to explore this massive synth.

19 Likes

congratsā€™ ! where did you order? is the row of buttons at the top of the screen well aligned? thanx a lot

Thomann. No, itĀ“s wonky as hell. But I will contact Waldorf about this later. Thomann also damaged the original box with ā€œTackerā€ (donĀ“t know the english word). But the synth is ok.

2 Likes

thanx. i saw that rack ears will come later, at this price point would have think waldorf to include them, wonder how much money they will ask those.
enjoy yours!

Wonky buttons on a synth that costs this much??? I think I might cancel my preorderā€¦

I love when non-native English speakers know these kinds of phrases! Very pro.

5 Likes

The buttons are not aligned 100%. I wouldnĀ“t have noticed but someone who got the Iridium a few days ago posted a few pictures and now people are talking. But it is an issue on a synth of that price range, there is no debate about it.

5 Likes

Seriously kind of inexcusable for a product in this price bracket, paying premium one should at least expect top notch build.

1 Like

Would you be down to post a photo of the upper row of buttons just for reference? Maybe youā€™re waiting for Waldorf to remedy first before you start fueling the internet ire.

7 Likes

A classy and stealthy look destroyed by those colorful pads :frowning:

3 Likes

See for yourself. I already feel bad about posting this but I never got a synth with buttons that are aligned that way.

6 Likes

Thanks. Yeah, Iā€™m gonna cancel. That would bug me too much lol

2 Likes

Wow, that is terrible. Iā€™ve preordered - what a let down