Waldorf Iridium (16-voice, duo-timbral Quantum desktop)

Lol, you could say this also for the Eventide H9000 multifx flagship :smiley:

Four quad core ARM processors: 16 DSP engines

ARM is the future: "The H9000 features four quad-core ARM processors allowing users to run 16 effect algorithms simultaneously – in series or parallel. In the future, as new, more powerful ARM chips become available, the H9000’s DSP modules can be upgraded. "

I looked at some close ups of the H9000 — WONKY BUTTONS ! And it’s 7 grand. Oh well.

2 Likes

Read the review on Thomann, it has more issues than cosmetic buttons… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Can’t find the review. Is it only on the German site ?

offtopic :

/offtopic

2 Likes

It’s a review in english you have to select to show the written review and choose english.

1 Like

Might worth checkin if you unit is tapp proof… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wtf this is getting ridiculous.
Whats next?

Never thought I would have doubts purchasing Waldorf gear…

This is most expensive synth and I’m starting to worry I made a bad decision. Love the sound. Not stoked about the problems.

White screen of death… :flushed:

I just saved an init preset and pushed the OSC 1 button and got this? Beware of the Iridium White Screen Of Death [IWSOD]. Total freeze up. Had to reboot.

Image linked from the post on GZ

Mine arrived with a chipped and dented corner on the front, and desk wobble, as if it had been dropped during the packing process (the box was unscathed). The buttons are slightly wonky but can be straightened, and you can see a bit of light in the gap at the bottom of the screen. But, other than all that…, it’s superb :sunny:

1 Like

That’s looking like a software problem, that can happen and be fixed.

Not necessarily, if it was software problem with the OS it self everyone would have it when pressing that very button. It’s most likely a hardware issue causing it (poor assembly), as the owner who could not tap his case without his unit going bananas also reported he had that happen multiple times.

All this for €2000?

Concerning

It will be fixed in the 2nd batch

1 Like

I hope so…

What will be fixed? The “software issue” caused by a poor assembly? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I usually never buy a first batch of a product

1 Like

Waldorf did not confirm nor apologize yet that there obviously seems to be a assembly problem with some (many?) units.
I think they should, before their reputation goes down the drain, just saying.

To fix it in a 2nd batch can’t be the status quo how to deal with customers who buy the 1st batch. If we accept this as a community of gear lovers, then something seems wrong I think. :thinking:

1 Like

You do not have to accept this. Even better, you must not accept this. You have warranty, claim it. Claim it where you bought the Iridium, they are responsible.