Waldorf Iridium (16-voice, duo-timbral Quantum desktop)

This is super lovely!
And nice requests as well…
Is it all works on Quantum?

1 Like

I’d hardly call the Quantum a tider-over, but in your case…
I mean, at least it’s currently in stock.

1 Like

I considered that too. If Gino is in a large enough city he might be able to rent one for a few weeks to get started into the Iridium.

The only thing that won’t apply with the Quantum is using the A4’s CV track to modulate things via the Iridium’s CV inputs.

That said, the Quantum instead gives you a set of auxiliary stereo outputs which might better suit you, if you wanted to be able to treat your live granularized audio, separately.

1 Like

Now you’re selling me on the Quantum. Aside from price and size, though, Waldorf’s quality control issues give me pause. Does the Quantum have knob and screen concerns similar to the Iridium?

I’ve seen issues with both models that would give me pause, if I were purchasing without the assurance of a warranty.

Even purchasing new, getting warranty service would be a nightmare from my current situation. I’ve already floated a couple of other risks, and I think this one would be a bridge too far.

Ahh… I misread this the first time. Yes, getting more from current gear is the right plan. I have plenty to explore, and I’m just getting drawn too much to shiny new things. I’m going to wait for the Iridium, and if that’s a few months, so be it.

I’m pretty excited to explore CV between the Pro3 and iridium, and started mapping out some routing to try. That’s another thing to pass the time :slight_smile:

And to you all you who have an Iridium, I’m jealous!

1 Like

I’m definitely impressed with the Quantum.

It’s a good suggestion, but I need something I can reasonably travel with.

Can you please explain how to route audio through the Iridium?

nvm…found it in the manual, page 154 and further.

Press the “Layer” button. On that page you can adjust the input level and where the audio input should be routed to. To pass it through unprocessed, you can route it directly to Iridium’s main output. Alternatively there are options to route the input to the filters and FXs of both layers

2 Likes

A 16GB USB-stick is not recognized by my Iridium. I got a error popup : ‘Cannot read USB drive, please make sure it is FAT or exFAT formatted’

I tried FAT32, exFAT but still the same error. Tried another USB-stick and got the same error. What am I doing wrong?

You didn´t try all of your 420 usb-sticks. That is what solved it here. Only one of my sticks is working, don´t know why.

2 Likes

Do you have a make and model on that usb-stick / format ? We could start a list, at least then people have a chance.

Hopefully it’s a driver problem, not an electronic one.

1 Like

It´s very old one from Phillips, 16gb. It says fm16fd05b on the back.

edit: must be this one: https://www.amazon.de/Philips-Vivid-USB-Speicherstick-Design-USB-Stick/dp/B00B8TO3BO

2 Likes

@phelios I tried 419 :slight_smile:

Not working :

• Datatraveler 100 G3 16GB USB-stick (USB 3.0)
  • Crucial BX500 2.5 SSD 240GB (USB 3.0)

Working :

• Samsung 128GB EVO micro-usb (formatted exFAT)

Looks like the Iridium doesn’t like USB 3.0 devices, and likes older USB 2.0

1 Like

Could you try something for me?
Power off the Iridium. Plug the USB stick in and switch the Iridium on. Then check if the push encoders (next to the display) work. If I boot the Iridium with the stick inserted the encoders don´t work. The only way to use the USB stick is to boot the Waldorf first and then insert the stick.

The push encoders are working after booted with a USB stick in the Iridium.

Where’d you nab that?

Beta tester