Waldorf Iridium Keyboard

Agreed, still very much in controller territory, though there may be a sequencer onboard, ofc

The image so you don’t have to visit Facebook:

5 Likes

Mmm fair enough, maybe it was wishful thinking :thinking:

All this Syntakt business has me hoping for allsorts

Definitely the tops of control knobs in the background, not that that tells us a lot. Controller or synth, or combination.

An alliteration on ‘P’, but again that doesn’t mean much if anything at all.

At least we can expect another tease now in another week. And it also looks like the announcement will be long before Superbooth.

1 Like

I’m thinking Poly Pulse now because of the letter P.

6 Likes

Hehe. It is easy to be clouded by your own wishful thinking.

Or Waldorf Moonraker? No “P” tho…

My money’s on something like “Poly M”, a M with poly aftertouch keyboard.

1 Like

The M is already expensive. Add a PAT and it fits in the mortgage category.

2 Likes

Working. Under. Pressure.
Push. Play. Perform.

We’re just having fun with this, so allow me to be completely ridiculous. A bit of whimsy.

WUP => Waldorf Utility Product
PPP => P3

Waldorf has been a very good collaborator. So in addition to Medeli, they have a friendly agreement with another German company, Ableton, to do the Push 3 Standalone, the P3, with a poly-aftertouch keyboard. The software running the system is mainly supplied by Ableton. Included with the system are several of the best Waldorf plugins.

If you already own a Push 2 you will still be happy. This is not made to completely replace the Push 2, you can plug that in and use these together, or the P3 can be used alone.

Like i said ridiculous ! I don’t believe this for an instant. This is Textsynth type material.

As stated by Bo Beats recently. Pure speculation.

1 Like

I don’t care what kind of synth Waldorf is making, just make something with 16 parts multitimbral and I’m fucking in

As long as the interface isn’t as horrid as the Blofeld though…

1 Like

Pulse 3 can also be P3 :slight_smile:

Edit: but needs an Elektron Sequencer of course

1 Like

That’s why i like the idea of something like the Quantum 2.

But that will be expensive ! I like the idea of something mid-priced too.

Regardless it will be fun to see where Waldorf takes this, they are on a roll.

My Alesis QS6 is 16 part multitimbral…
With menudive from hell :sweat_smile:

1 Like

True

The kyra had 8 parts multitimbral but I heard the implementation wasn’t as good

Sigh Pete Kemper we know you don’t care about access anymore but why don’t you just sell it to u-he or whoever and let them build a Ti successor

1 Like

But i already suggested a poly Pulse so I didn’t want to suggest that again. I had to come up with something else.

Does anyone think this is going to be another expensive product, like more than 2000, or something more easily afforded ?

1 Like

Ah right, well, technically, you could reinforce your thoughts that it’d be a Pulse 3? :thinking:

They do appear to be taking that route more in general recently, so not a bad bet

1 Like

I don’t think it is a keyboard version of M, because it would be blue. I think new versions of Blofeld or STVC with poly AT are more likely. Specially the string machine with this kind of keyboard sounds like a good idea…

I love the idea especially if they make the small improvements and add features like was done going from Streichfett to STVC. I don’t think the STVC has been an enormous seller for them, but maybe that’s a reason to tinker with it further. You’re right a string machine with a more expressive keyboard would be great to play.

Either the poly-aftertouch Blofeld or STVC should be more in the middle price range.

Maybe its just a Iridium keyboard. Put in a Quantum housing without the analog filters. On this image you see a big black knob out of focus. Then you see some silver knobs Some at the right of the image, and a tiny bit behind the black G key.

And if you would look at the B and C keys on this image of a Quantum, im pretty sure it would look like the last teaser.

Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 20.51.38

2 Likes

And the “Working under pressure” teaser is just to notify new buyers that the screen wont fall out when used anymore. haha