Waldorf Iridium Keyboard

Ding, ding, ding !

Whether it’s an Iridium Keys or a Quantum 2 is a little bit of a semantic / marketing choice.

Rolf did talk about the possibility of a third member of that family way back when. Maybe this is it.

With the colors of the knobs in the background of the second teaser photo, i would certainly be holding off buying either of those two if i was in the market at the moment.

1 Like

I personally really hope it’s a Waldorf M keys, as I love keys :slight_smile:

On the right of the “push play perform” pic, it looks like the silver knob is wider and shorter than the black one. Saw that’s similar on the silver (cutoff knob) and black knobs on the Waldorf M. So maybe it’s an M keys, or something similar

Either way I’m super hyped to see a new poly touch keyboard, if thats the case

1 Like

It’s just a Quantum with poly aftertouch keys. Maybe there would also be a upgrade possibility for existing Quantum users.

Beta OS3.0 of the Quantum features poly aftertouch.

Yeah I don’t think it is gonna be an M keys at this point, although I am also not really sold on it being a quantum or iridium either… the middle knob looks like a skinny encoder and based on the perspective it is further to the right and possibly more buttons to the left of the knob? Certainly seems like it will have a screen though with that kind of knob spacing.

If you zoom into the “O” of Waldorf in the first image, I think there is a clue.

11 Likes

Can I use my ensoniq keyboard to play the M with poly AT ?

1 Like

Blofeld 2 pls.

4 Likes

M firmware for the Blofeld? (But I think that didn´t work because the M has the analog filters).

So Waldord Micro Q Keys :slight_smile: maybe?

Yes. Poly aftertouch is a modulation source on the M.

2 Likes

There goes my tax return money. Lol

1 Like

New tease…

3 Likes

But why would Waldorf make a Monomachine clone?

Lift Off… could still be referring to poly pressure, but perhaps Release Velocity, which is also quite rare.

2 Likes

The violet colour is similiar to Streichfett, so more and more I think it will be STVC II. With poly AT and maybe multitimbral…? Those buttons should be for parts switching.

Now you have my attention.

1 Like

No not Streichfett – Rocket !

Waldorf even uses Lift Off on their main page for the Rocket.

https://waldorfmusic.com/en/rocket-sythesizer

Lift Off does also mean Note Off Velocity, which is available in the new Medeli / ASM keybed.

So it’s a 6 voice Rocket Poly keyboard, like the STVC in concept ?

ADDED : I wonder what else they may have added, what makes sense ?

4 Likes

I vaguely remember now that the “Lift Off” headline was there always…

So six buttons next to the keybed. Does it make sense for voice selection ? Does that imply multitimbrality ? I don’t know, but i’m still scratching my head. What would these six buttons be for otherwise ? The top button seems to have six LEDs on it. Hmmm ?

ADDED : Looking closer i see the buttons are labeled 1 to 5 and top one has something longer. What does this mean ?

1 Like

Or maybe there is literally written “LIFT OFF” on that button…

1 Like