Waldorf M

Based on their other synths, I’d have to assume that a keyboard is definitely on the cards.
It’s the only thing holding me back from buying a desktop at the moment. I’m not even much of a keyboardist but I feel like this synth engine would hugely benefit from being an integrated instrument.

2 Likes

same same

I would swap up in a heartbeat!

2 Likes

hopefully!

after following Waldorf for more than 20 years I can say that it’s their classical scenario - new “rack” module, and keyboard versions in a year or so…

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I think Vlad has said a few times that it would be possible he would be hired again to do a keyboard version but I think that also implies that has not actually happened. So maybe a possibility but probably not very likely is my guess.

2 Likes

anybody here sequencing M with an op1 or other usb midi keyboard?

i’m trying to troubleshoot but can’t seem to figure out why it won’t work

I’ve been sequencing my M from a hapax and a rytm. Describe your issue? One thing I dealt with today. I disabled the midi when I updated the firmware. I didn’t realize it was a two-step process. When I did the second host update, midi was back on?

1 Like

How is the build quality of the m? Curious about it, but I had such bad experiences with the iridium it makes me really cautious.

Heavy, knobs all turn with good resistance.

5 Likes

Build quality is fantastic. Knobs are fantastic but I wish had better grip.

4 Likes

Made a litte “bass” demo a while back. I use it for bass all the time. Sometimes with the analog filter, and somtimes i like to use one of the saw or square sweep wavetables as a pseudo filter. It gives off some awesome digital grit when doing this.

10 Likes

Nice one:)

Anyone sequencing M with the Octatrack?
Got some weird midi issue ”stuck notes” type of behavior. If i use the chromatic the octa the notes stays on until i press stopp multiple times on the octa….odd.
Checked all note length, midi routing (no conflicting midi) etc.
Everything seems to be as it should…any ideas?

I had this happen once when I first got it using the Digitakt to sequence it. (and also just triggering it with the buttons…) However, after I updated both firmwares, it went away. I haven’t yet noticed it with the Digitone Keys either, and I played it pretty extensively with that using both the sequencer, and the keys.

Are you on the current firmware for the M?

I’m using all DIN5 for MIDI. No USB or anything like that.

@muu @ddiamond84 I heard issues with dust being under the screens, is this still a thing? I’m really thinking about selling a few more pieces of gear to get one of these for a very focused downsized setup.

Mine is absolutely pristine. I hadn’t heard about this issue. No dust on mine though, and the build quality is amazing. It’s the proverbial tank, if you will. (or won’t… :smiley: )

2 Likes

Nice!

What’s modulating it? Modwheel or pressure? Just curious as it sounds manual. Very nice sound.

I’m just tweaking parameters while recording. A friend wanted a bass demo a while back, so I just played around.

I don’t have dust under the screen, but the encoders for wavetable position needs some tweaking when I haven’t used them for a while. So I should get a deck saver if they make one.

Thanks for offering some help!

I connect my op1 to M via usb, confirm the midi channel it’s sending to and play…no response from the synth.

Nearly the same setup has worked with a Digitakt but I used a din midi cable instead

As others have said it’s phenomenal. Not had the chance to play Iridium but I doubt you’d be disappointed by M

It’s a block of very solid metal and there’s a satisfying look and feel to all the component materials