Waldorf M

You could cancel your order and order direct from Decksaver, they are in stock.

Nice, maybe I will wait for thomann :blush: saves a little bit on shipping. Things sometimes takes very long to get through customs in Germany when itā€™s from outside EU

Also shipping from Decksaver.co.uk is a whooping Ā£53 to Denmark - and that is before customs. Thomann is usually quite less, so even though I am impatient, I think I can wait.

1 Like

Nice, I just ordered from Juno, shipping to the US was $16 which I found reasonable but yeah that shipping to Denmark is too much.

3 Likes

Holy crap this thing sounds incredible. It arrived a few hours ago and as soon as I plugged it in I just got completely lost in it. Totally had shit I was supposed to do!

Yeahā€¦ not disappointed at all. The opposite in fact!

9 Likes

Looool :thup:

1 Like

this is a pretty good illustration of what this thing can do now post-fw update

4 Likes

I am really interested in this one. Apart from the obvious uses of the synth, how is M for stuff like bass, kick drums and snares? How are the envelopes and modulation options in this regard? Could you use it like a drum machine (4 parts)?

1 Like

I want a Waldorf to complement my Virus but not sure what new Waldorf would complement a Virus without duplicating the features?

Since it has the added possibility of importing short samples - so called transitions - you can definitely make drum sounds.

2 Likes

After pushing back the purchase several times in lieu of other synths, I finally ordered a Waldorf M today.

7 Likes

congrats! I was trying to decide between the M and Virus and in spite of software challenges and older UI, the Virus TI2 won out my heart plus I wanted the keyboard version. I do want a Waldorf at some point in the future perhaps the Iridium if they get the bugs worked out or the M.

1 Like

I can totally relate.

The software bugs hindered me from purchasing the M sooner. Heck, yesterday I considered a M purchase again, but bought a Super 6 Desktop instead. There were several other instances over the past two or three months as well.

Since the M is the last synth of my wish list, I decided to move forward with the purchase aways. Fortunately, there are enough synth goodies in my studio, and I do not plan to add the M immediately. Therefore, none of the present issues will disrupt my workflow.

While the new features are nice, I hope my unit is shipped with a stable version of the firmware. I am not in a rush to add the new features, if they cause issues elsewhere. The original M concept more than met my needs and expectations.

2 Likes

true and fortunately I have a 30 day trial period to use on the new Virus in case I need to send back for a refund and go with another synth. I did downgrade macos on the cheap mac I bought to use with the TI2 software so will see how it works. Software and hardware support has been abandoned by Access Music and Kemper unfortunately for me that I did not know until I bought my Virus!

1 Like

You should follow the thread on Gearspace, the firmware is now very stable and there are only a few very small bugs remaining that are being addressed.

4 Likes

Will do. Thanks.

No prob, and I do own the M running FW1.08 RC6 and can tell you personally that itā€™s a lovely synth and hasnā€™t given me any issues.

4 Likes

1.08 RC6 is working for me too. [edit: Like Hawk said, some people are still reporting small bugs, which I havenā€™t seen. The synth definitely sounds fine and the new features work (various digital filters, use and looping of the old short samples, etc.)]

3 Likes

I havenā€™t had any problems with 1.08 R6 either. The one problem I do have is that I donā€™t have any time to play mine right now. :rage:

6 Likes

My resolution for 2023 is to get the Waldorf M. I was even toying with selling my expanded Nord G2 engine to finance the M, but have decided against that. I might have to sell my decks. Some new synths over the past few years have peaked my interest, but having listened to numerous demos of the M, itā€™s the first time my ears are telling me I need this synth!

5 Likes