What Are You Power Watching During COVID-19?

Yeah I’d like to see another movie in this universe. Or a sort of ying to Tenets yang. Maybe even telling a story that overlapped Tenet in many ways. Neil’s prospective for example.

I really did enjoy it. Was cheesing all the way through at the spectacle of it all. It just seemed to miss that final little spark. I’m a huge Interstellar fan, one of my all time favourites, and I wonder if Nolan lost a bit of that spark in Tenet by trying a little too hard? For all of Interstellars big ideas and spectacle, it’s a pretty simple story at heart.

Anyway, it’s nice to at least have had one huge cinema release to enjoy and chat about!

1 Like

Mindhunter

6 Likes

I’ve started that again, loved it.

Yes. Tenet lacks a heart, lacked any personal story or character that you really care about. Inception had the family story, and Insterstellar had both a family story and a love story. Tenet only has the action stuff with the interesting sci-fi spin. It’s good, but not great.

2 Likes

The only series I watched this year is Babylon Berlin.
If I put more time into watching series I feel guilty of timewasting, spending hours a week on Elektronauts and YT gear jam vids do not count from my point of view :joy:

1 Like

It’s very 1970s sci fi, though blissfully missing space Libertarian (US Koch brand, not LibSoc) politics.

1 Like

Not really watching, but certainly listening to this trio - keyboardist is Kanako Hara:

Google Translate of the youtube descriptions:

Guitar, Chorus Hamasaki Yoshiko
Percussion, Vocal Sachiko Wakamori
And, we will deliver mainly the songs of YMO and the songs that YMO members are involved in! Only famous songs!
Thank you very much! !!

1 Like

Netflix added a bunch of Godzilla movies recently. Final Wars is my absolute favorite. There is so much stuff going on and too many monsters for one movie. Absolute cheese.

2 Likes

I enjoy this a lot.
The modern angle, and maybe the fact that I grew up since The Silence of the Lambs, makes this pretty fascinating to me.

2 Likes

The OA. Pretty unique.

4 Likes

mainstream media news 247, just to keep up the fear.

2 Likes

I just got into this the last month!

I was big into the utter artwhorishness of Hannibal, but Mindhunter delves into toxicity in an interesting manner. Shame there’s not likely to be S03.

Halt and Cath Fire. Highly recommended.

3 Likes

Really enjoyed that one while i still had Netflix, despite the annoyance of the show being canceled.

Netflix then auto-recommended Sense8, which is also scifi but a whole other beast.

2 Likes

Watch the first season of true detective you won’t be disappointed.

Nathan for you

Everybody hates Chris

Halt and catch fire

Desperate housewives is amazing tbh

The flight attendant was good

The Eric Andre show

Firefly

Comedy bang bang

Sopranos

Aqua teen hunger force

All the old adult swim.

Podcasts!
-no agenda
-DuncanTrussell family hour
-C$& Town
-Ari Shaffir’s skeptic tank
-the Tim Dillon show
-jimmy dore
-legion of skanks

3 Likes

Russian Dolls!!

1 Like

Now, “The IT Crowd”. Pretty hilarious. Netflix.

2 Likes

Concur. I was blown away by that.

3 Likes

Shame S02 decided to go full Tony Scott coked-to-the-gills.

1 Like

First I stumbled upon Lego Masters Sverige and we binged the whole season. Then we found out that the australian version is available on streaming services too. Now we’re on season two of that.

It’s hard to comprehend how much satisfaction and enjoyment can be gained from watching adults building elaborate Lego-constructions. I wish it never stops.