What Are You Power Watching During COVID-19?

Oh man I’ve watched a lot!

Rewatched Breaking Bad and wow is that a fantastic show with an amazing conclusion

Really enjoyed The Boys and Schitts Creek as well. Both take a few episodes to really get into the characters

The Good Place
Star Trek Discovery
Chuck
Eureka
Frazier

watched queens gambit twice in motherlanguage. i think i will gibe it in english a third time. i dont know why but its magic tv…

1 Like

Avatar the last airbender. I missed out when I was a kid, it’s so good!

AT&T and Warner Media sold Crunchyroll to Funimation, which in turn is owned by Sony.

Soon after, somebody noted the show Shirobako had disappeared from Crunchyroll. Shirobako is licensed by Sentai. Pretty good anime about people making anime, btw. This seemed to have sparked a rumor that other Sentai-licensed shows will soon be kicked off of Crunchyroll. So I started prioritizing watching the Sentai-licensed shows:

Himouto! Umara-chan
My Love Story
Gatchaman Crowds
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (more of a drama than a comedy)

I heard that Battle of the Planets was originally Gatchaman, but heavily edited and dubbed for broadcast in the US. Gatchaman Crowds shows little to no resemblance to Battle of the Planets, but is still a fun show.

2 Likes

Yes!!!

1 Like

How could I forget about this one. Such a good show

and … Star Trek Picard

3 Likes

Futurama

4 Likes

Yeah…only one season on that one that I know of. Great one, but Discovery is right up my alley…injectin spores right in your vains, and then jumping through the universe…I could go on, but… Love it. Every Thursday!!

1 Like

Stumbled upon the Toyah and Robert Sunday Lunch series. I’m guessing Toyah really mellowed Robert Fripp out over years. He was so notoriously image-conscious, putting on the proper English gentleman act. But in this series, he’s gone into zero farks given, just dont care anymore mode, ending every vid with a hearty cackle. They play Sex Pistols, Nirvana, etc.

4 Likes

Just started with 12 Monkeys some days ago. This is like watching a reality show about the current pandemic. If someone could just travel 1 year back in time …

2 Likes

Dragon’s Den, Tim Pool, Middle East documentaries

My sister gifted me a year of MasterClass for Christmas.

Been enjoying the Werner Herzog MC quite a lot.

6 Likes

Series, presumably, not the film ?

I power watched 10 seasons of Shameless… twice :roll_eyes:
I was detoxing off methadone, didn’t sleep for 28 days & watched a lot of tv.

Supposedly going 28 days without sleep makes you crazy, I don’t feel crazy, so I must have zonked out here & there on the couch without knowing :crazy_face:

1 Like

He’s an odd duck, if you’re up for it, you may find Hats off to Tim Pool! - YouTube interesting.

2 Likes

been watching Babylon Berlin as well - highly recommended! One of the best german series ever produced - also learned a lot about the lifestyle 100 years ago and how similar it was compared to now… maybe a little better since you could buy coke and h in the drugstore :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Mind hunter FTW

4 Likes

Lately I’ve been watching The Crown. It’s quite good, and Ive not finished it yet…