What Are You Power Watching During COVID-19?

The 100 - waiting for season 8
Tyrant - very good but ends to early

and now
LOST

3 Likes

Yes. The last season is very confusing, don’t miss any details.

2 Likes

My gf and I have been absolutely consuming How I Met Your Mother recently. I love it so so much. But now I only have 3 episodes left 🥲

3 Likes

Yasashihime: Princess Half-Demon

aka “Inuyasha: The Next Generation” - literally, as the main characters are children of the Inuyasha cast.

Inuyasha was a fun show in its time, so watching Yasashihime feels like a nostalgia trip. Much much more light-hearted and comedic - with plenty of bickering between main characters - than most other demon-themed shows like Demon Slayer, Devilman Crybaby, etc.

Rumiko Takahashi, while being the creator of the Inuyasha manga, did not create new manga for this show. Thus the show is an anime original. She did however provide the character designs for the show.

1 Like

…not that much lock down smell left in the air… while delta is crawling closer…
4th of july might be not way much more for granted as a 4th wave…

but…

i really enjoyed a little piece of art, universal equasion of the BIG INBETWEEN of EVERYTHING…
nice all mixed up in silent humor graphic novel style animation movie on netflix yesterday…

isle of dogs…

Latest South Park episode is comedy gold :smiley: It plays like 20 (30?) years after the 15 year (?) pandemic or so and Kenny died due to Covid Delta Plus Rewards program variant … this is one of the best episodes they made.

5 Likes

All in the Family, Maude, and Good Times.

2 Likes

I’m generally not an animation guy but just watched ‘Arcane’ on Netflix and was super glad that I went for it.

1 Like

The Wheel of Time, The Sopranos (again), Yellowstone (guilty pleasure- horrible show), and Beatles:Get Back.

2 Likes

Yellowstone isn’t horrible, but it’s just bad enough to feel guilty for watching. Lol.

They got two spin-offs coming!

Have you watched Mayor of Kingstown? It’s Yellowstone meets Prison Break.
Same show runner too.

Anyway, I like good escapism TV and a dynastic cattle ranch in Montana navigating modern financial pressure from investment banks and native peoples is the furthest thing from my actual life so I love it.

I’m about to start the 4400 reboot. Loved the original, which ended too soon.

Yakitate Japan - a young baker’s quest to develop Ja-Pan, a bread worthy of ranking among the great national breads of France, Italy, etc. His quest leads him to being drafted into baking contests, culminating in the world championship tournament in Monaco. The contestants are at such a high level that their breads provoke outlandish reactions from the judges.

One of the best ever EDs

Hellsing Ultimate
Game of Thrones (again)
Lost in Space (with the kids)
Series of Unfortunate Events (with the kids)
Death Note
Cowboy Bebop
Black Books (again)
Ozark
Mandalorian

2 Likes

All Star Trek series :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

LOL. Might have one from your country. Best funny show I have watched in very long.

Currently enjoying:
Succession (Season 3)
Billions (season 4)
Cowboy bebop (live action)
Wheel of Time
Bluey (with the kids)

Just finished and enjoyed:
White Lotus
Mare of Eastown
Squid Game
(The kind of very meh) Foundation.

Looking forward to final season of the Expanse and next season of Witcher.

1 Like

Queens Gambit well worth a watch.

4 Likes

Live action Cowboy Bebop was incredible. First episode is a little campy, but I was on the edge of my seat by the end.

Granted, I had only seen a few episodes of the anime before watching the live action version, so if you love the anime YMMV.

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one to be enjoying it. It’s getting rubbished on rotten tomatoes from people who have found it differs from the anime.

1 Like

diplomacy, it’s a bitch

Slowly and somewhat begrudgingly working my way through the live version of Cowboy Bebop. It’s really making me appreciate the anime even more.

Otherwise, Record of Ragnarok has been pretty rad to watch an episode in the morning as I wake up.

1 Like