What Are You Power Watching During COVID-19?

Colin in Black and White
Passing
Social Distance

1 Like

Something called “Blue Bloods” some American police family series watched from season 1-11 so far tons of episodes it’s pretty good :+1: New season started now I think.

Consistently re-watching The OA on Netflix - my favorite series of all time

Arcane

3 Likes

I’m a simple man. I just like British accents and learning about meat dishes cause I’ve been vegetarian my whole life.

1 Like

Got me back into learning chess :chess_pawn:

1 Like

I’ve been watching Veronica mars

There’s an amazing amount of drugs , rape, racist( the use of spicks and micks to describe people ) , homophobic , antisemetism, murder , peodophila in this show

Plus the 30+yr olds pretending to be 16 driving cars ( even the poor children drive amazing cars ) … I’m not American so it seems weird to me.

I’m amazed it hasn’t been cancelled ( as in the modern use ) and removed from ever being aired again.
And it was written for kids to watch.
Weird to see many unknowns appear for an epidsode … who then went onto become well known .

Also been watching invasion on Apple TV, a show designed for the skip button. ( overly long ‘emotional ‘ bits that string out episodes ) and it’s ultimately not very good.

Schitt’s Creek was well worth watching. such a poignant work. I’d watch it again as a salve for the soul.

4 Likes

Started watching Foundation on Apple TV.

The medium to slow pacing kind of reminds me of Babylon 5.

I found the Foundation trilogy in my junior high school library when I was around 12, so I’ve been enjoying this seemingly impossible to adapt to TV work finally playing on my TV screen. It’s not super faithful to the novels because, upon retrospect, Asimov focused more on the big picture and not so much on the characters or even action in the Foundation books. I like what Apple TV’s team did to make it more interesting in the TV format.

My uncle loved to listen to the local soul station. This song played a lot while on his radio I was reading the novels. The synths had an appropriately science fiction sound to me. I’ve always associated it with Foundation ever since.

1 Like

I like the casting, the CGI wasn’t distracting and Lee Pace is always great and i’m really not much of a fan of modern CGI.

One thing I realized was just how some the speeches from the book were of their era and sounded a little… off from modern mouths.

1 Like

Arcane on Netflix - absolutely phenomenal

it’s good… and gets ya right in the feels sometimes.

Recently started power watching 9-1-1 on Hulu. I used to watch it, every now and again on Fox; trying to get caught up. :grinning:

Currently quarantined - not too sick though. Not too sick to watch tv under a blanket:)

Almost through Fargo S3, great season

2 Likes

Raised By Wolves is pretty wild. If you like crazy, weird sci-fi.

3 Likes

Almost finished Station Eleven. Could see why people might dislike it, but I have been finding it quite original and quirky.

I‘m watching mr robot. But anyway, covid isn’t a thing anymore it seems.

1 Like

The feel is very 1970s, which seems to have aged better than Foundation’s core. The latter isn’t necessarily “bad”, but I didn’t feel a lot of draw to finish. The actors were great, but the speeches sounded pretty close to what the novel must have sounded like in 1951 and I just couldn’t click.

Raised By Wolves also has GREAT horror elements and visual design. AI appear to mostly be assholes or unhelpful, everything pits everyone against each other, but people still strive.

Hidden

household nickname for the show- “mommy’s milky snakes”

the most recent episode freaked me the f**k out!

1 Like

I really enjoyed Fargo season 4 too. Though very different than other seasons. Really no other series quite like Fargo.

4 Likes

What’s the feel/approach?

1 Like