What Are You Power Watching During COVID-19?

If you’re a fan of Coen Brothers films, should be a series for you. Noah Hawley takes the spirit of the characters and tropes of many of their films and creates something fresh and original with it. It might not be perfect, but it’s consistently unique.

1 Like

All of us are dead. It’s a Korean zombie thing. The first episode isn’t all that exciting, but after that you get hooked.

Addams Family Values.

Yes. Its a movie, but its become my most beloved recent watch

Also…an old teenage love of mine: Memento

I’ve seen only the first season two years ago. Probably will power watch the second one after it will be out completely…

I watched the first season of Yellowjackets finally. Was blown away by it. Gripping and ominous stuff that comes to my dreams. Greatest tv in a long long while.

1 Like

Just before Christmas I bought a subscription to Crunchyroll and I have to say it’s great to be back watching some solid Animé. Watching Mob Psycho 100, Demon Slayer and Attack on Titan.

Attack on Titans story arc is solid like diamond, really good writing!

My way back to Animé started with the reimagining of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Still Ecchi seems to be a thing and I absolutely hate it!

1 Like

Fargo is excellent I thought - really did well adapting the ideas from the film.
Just watching The Tourist on BBC iPlayer, which actually reminds me of Fargo quite a lot.

Brilliant anime, where is that second series though!

1 Like

I enjoyed this, but I’m a sucker for anything zombie/apocalypse/dystopian future.

Currently watching The Handmaids Tale.

1 Like

No, but WW3 is it seems. What a time to be alive.

Another great adaptation. Unremitting psychological torture sprinkled with f*ck you moments as she resists.

Agree. The only problem is I watch it with the wife and after each episode her Germaine Greer tendencies go through the roof for 24 hours.

1 Like

For gods sake I hope not!

Peace!

2 Likes

Well, I work in news TV, so I have no other choice than power watch what is happening… Frustrating.

1 Like

Same here , work at a press photo agency …

1 Like

There is a second series coming?

1 Like

I had thought so from what other people said? But maybe I’m wrong! It has been quite a while…

Tge last season is under way and it was split up in 2 parts. It’s basically midway part 2 now and it seems to be ending off the series quiet significantly. So not sure there will be a spin off from this

I’ve noticed the best anime have little to no ecchi elements, and the mediocre to low quality ones use it more. Mob Psycho 100 is great!

Currently watching:

Legend of Galactic Heroes - Old-school (by anime standards) space opera, focusing more on political drama, military strategy, and large-scale space battles than one on one dogfights. Galactic Empire seems to be based on 19th century Prussia.

Life with an Ordinary Guy who Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout - comedy that parodies the isekai genre, in which a person from our world and time is thrust into a fantasy world setting. There’s so much “me too” isekai out there that this roasting of the genre is enjoyable. Yes, the show itself is funnier than the long and ridiculous title.

Run With the Wind - I don’t really go for sports anime, but this show about a ragtag college running club has excellent writing, animation, and overall execution. Was pointed to it after discussing sports anime with some other folks.

Restaurant In Another World - Relaxing reverse isekai. Once every 7 days, customers from a fantasy world come to a restaurant in present-day Tokyo. The story is the same every episode - some character stumbles upon a mysterious door that takes them to the restaurant, they’re shown a menu, experience foodgasm, then return to their world happily carrying takeout food. Even though the plot is always same, the featured character ranges from various humans to elves, a half-elf sorceress, a lion man, vampires, etc. There’s one episode where the patrons argue and nearly fight, but then they’re reminded that the restaurant is under the protection of the Red Dragon. This Dragon adores her restaurant-prepared beef stew and won’t put up with anyone who threatens her weekly supply.

Or there’s Hideaki Anno who’s instead going “ooh you like Ecchi? Here’s some very awkward ecchi in very dramatic scenes”

Not sure if you’ve watched rebuild of Evangelion but his disdain for ecchi is very apparent, throwing it in there more like a defiant act of the current anime scene.

Edit: gonna save your watchlist for later!

My buddies and I were so turned off by the end of the original Evangelion, I’ve had no interest in revisiting it. I later found out he was having a nervous breakdown and that’s why he wrote the ending that way but that still didn’t sway me. I almost forgot about the panty shots and stuff like that which were in the show.

Oh yeah, if you like Mob Psycho 100 you’ll probably like Jujutsu Kaisen.

Last year I watched Vinland Saga which I liked a lot. Dunno what a real Scandinavian would think of that, but I thought it was a better show than Vikings (History Channel show). A new seasn which promises to show Thorifinn finally arriving in Vinland is in the works.